Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 30, 2009

May it never be enough...

This morning I was sitting down with the little ones - playing with this musical toy worm where when you hit the notes located on the worm's body it plays a tune. Well, I was working out the notes to play the song " Jesus loves me" and of course, singing along. Aubrey was thoroughly enjoying the concert when all of a sudden Caleb (in 20 month old fashion) abruptly pulls the toy out of my hands - the music stops and yet I kept singing. And I thought...

"You can take away the instrument, but you can't take away my voice".
Oh, that my heart and lips would continue to praise my maker this day - even if things get taken away from me. "He loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so". And that is what Job was able to say

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised."
~Job 1;20b

::: (I think of the song that we sing often at church; "Blessed be your name!")

It's out of his great love for us that we have reason to sing, to praise in the midst of the storm, to glorify Him because that is all he asks of us. Even in the simple, every day.

I keep thinking of a phrase one of our pastors used one time... and he said... "Praise is the passionate voice of a satisfied soul".
May my voice be as passionate as my soul is satisfied and may it never be enough.

1 comment:

  1. hi bev, i am sitting here rocking my baby and going thru old email when i came across the one that u sent w/ this link! i have added it to my faves! just another way to keep in touch!
    take care~ sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...