Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

W*A*I*T

A dear, dear friend of mine is currently in the midst of a "trial" involving breast cancer. She is the mother of tripulets (8yrs. old now) and her desire to honor the Lord through this is nothing but a beautiful example to these three blessings in her life. She blesses me through her testimony to God's boundless grace in her life.

Yesterday she shared a few feelings of waiting to feel better, waiting for this or that and she also shared a few lyrics to a song that I didn't recognize but that talked about WAITING - and what it means to "worship in the waiting"... and it reminded me of a time in my own life several years ago when I, too, had a long "season of waiting".

During that time for me I remember asking God to give me some practical insight into what it means to WAIT on Him and this is what He gave to me to think about.

W*A*I*T
1. Wrestle Against Impatient Thoughts.
2. Waiting Always Involves Time.
3. Worry Allows Increased Tension.
4. What An Interesting Time!
5 Who Am I Trusting?
6. Whoa! Am I Trusting?
7. Waiting Always Increases Trust.
and my personal favorite...
8. Worship Awhile. Instant Time -well spent.

There are so many verses in scripture that come to mind as I stop to reflect on that -AGAIN!! And I told my friend, "Thank you" for being faithful to share her own (vulnerable) story, in order for me to remember my own. If you think of it, please lift my dear, dear friend (M.) up to the Lord, in prayer. She, her husband and kids need our continued prayers.

5 comments:

  1. hi bev, i am so glad you decided to do this. i will love checking in often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your encouragement, Janelle. It is certainly fun...and well, we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...that's not really what I meant by the "project thing", I guess I should change that to "go shopping". :) Whatever you do it needs to be fun! If the project isn't fun and refreshing that you need a different one for your "Mother Culture".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Bevy. Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. They really do help:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like that. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. This post is most definitely a blessing. In fact, if you don't mind, I think I'll print off the acronyms....isn't that what they are called?! To answer your question, I am a German Baptist. My Dad was raised conservative mennonite in northern Indiana and Mom was raised GB up there. We moved to Ohio when I was 11. My husband and I are still a part of the German Baptists, though we are considered 'New Conference' after a divide about 1 1/2 years ago. We're more like mennonites now than we were.
    Blessings on your day~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...