Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Granola Bars

Here is another great breakfast treat for a family "on the go".

I have this great recipe for Granola Bars that I made over the weekend that are absolutley wonderful, that I thought I would share with you.

~Granola Bars~


9 1/2 cups of Rice Krispies
5 cups Oatmeal (I use quick oats but you can use rolled oats)
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cup craisens (or raisens if you prefer)
1 cup coconut (optional)

Mix together in a LARGE bowl.

Melt together in large pot...over medium heat.
1 1/2 lbs (20 oz.) marshmallows
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup canola oil

Pour over cereal mixture and mix well. It will get rather hard to do - so work as quickly as possible and then as mixure is getting cooler to the touch and you can still stir it... add one cup of chocolate chips. Press into a well greased 9x13 pan. Grease your hands and press into pan or use back of spoon. Cut* and Enjoy!

* I cut in half length wise and then across the pan into real thin bars. Like what a granola bar should look like.

I'm sure you could add in anything else like nuts, sunflower seeds, or different kinds of chocolate chips, etc. All in the name of getting creative.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try this. It sounds easy enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...