Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rice cereal and Aubrey!

YEAH! We've come along way... Baby!


~I'm loving this, now~

... from not so long ago...

~not so sure about this~

It's amazing. The concept of an acquired taste. Pretty soon it will on to the "Big girl" stuff... peas, carrots and squash.


I would love some practical advice for making my own and storing (freezer) baby food... I tried with Caleb but I didn't follow through to well.
Any suggestions for how it worked "well" for you??

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog...it's fun to find new blogs to read, so I was glad you left a comment on mine that led me to your blog.
    I made a lot of the boys' baby food. I usually picked a day or two a month to spend the majority of it making all different fruits and veggies. I'd freeze them in ice cube trays, and then after they were frozen, I'd transfer them to freezer bags. Each ice cube is about an ounce, so I would know exactly how much to pull out each morning.
    Here's a great web-site, with recipes and instructions that I used: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bevy,
    I did what Lisa did~~made stews, etc., with macaroni or whatever and froze portions in ice cube trays. I used a great book, too. It's called "Feed Me I'm Yours" and an updated version is still available~~maybe you could order it from your "local" bookstore? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! I just found this post on your linkedin thing!!! I can't believe this is Aubrey!! I do have some practical advice for making baby food...but I think I'm a few years too late! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...