Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spring!!

The phrase, "Bloom where you are planted", hardly seems fitting for what I've been thinking about here of late. I've been thinking of Spring (planting, growing, etc.)- obviously because it is right around the corner. I've been busily packing up the house for moving - so it's more like thoughts of; "uprooting".

The location where we're at right now does not lend itself to good planting beds for flowers & vegetables because of all the pine and shade trees and so with that comes the drooling, the longing, for a place that has nice, hearty flower beds with which to overwhelm the air and please the eye with the presence of beauty in greenery. Do you like my flowery speech??

Honestly, for the past 2-3 years I really feel like I've lost track of Spring time. What it feels like, smells like and all the preparation it takes to make a beautiful garden again. We would drive out and around the neighborhood and I would notice all these beautiful gardens late spring, early summer and think to myself, "Wait a minute. Where have I been What season am I in"? and it's like "OH YEAH! I can't grow anything around our house... I'm really not losing it". So, I am really excited about moving on to a new location. Looking forward to what our "uprooting" will bring us.

God does that a lot in our lives, doesn't he? He doesn't want us to get too comfortable in our comfort- zones, although that can be the easy way out. At the same time, we need to "Be Still and know" that if he plants somewhere we need to be faithful to grow in that place, that season. This is something that Scott and I have been thinking about this week.

We continue to seek God and pray for his leading and direction in moving to NC. It seems like the season to "uproot" has come, we have been faithful (we feel!) to weed out any questions and doubts, and we want to trust that the seeds of faith will continue to grow in our lives. That in all of this change, will come forth lives that demonstrate the beauty that comes from all the "uprooting", the cultivating, the pruning, the watering and so forth. That Lord-willing, we will be able to "Bloom where we are planted".

So when I can start planting things again my flower (and vegetable) beds will probably have herbs such as Parsley, Basil, Chives, and Thyme. Teas and flowers such as; Garden & Mint tea, Pansies, Mums, Vinca-vine, Verebena, Larkspur, Iris, Lavender, Hydrangea, Hollyhocks, Geraniums, 4 o'clocks, Cosmos, Sweet Pea, Dusty Miller, Rhubarb, Tomatoes, Beans, Beets, Corn, Peppers and Zucchini.... and so much more, I'm sure.

Any other suggestions- especially for NC? What is your favorite thing to grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...