Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What a Joy!!

I decided to make this recipe one morning... found in the cookbook, The Joy of Sharing-Bald Eagle Boys Camp.

This cookbook is such a joy to have in my kitchen...it's one of the latest that I added to my collection. And it's especially dear to me because my sister, Gladys, gave it to me as a birthday gift last year.

The last time she was here to visit, she personally went through the book and checked off the "must make" recipes... as she is the head cook for the Boys Camp where this book has been compileld (mostly through family, friends, former staff and sponsors of the camp). If anybody would know what's good- she should know!!

~Lemon Blueberry Bread~




1/3 cup butter, melted

1 cup sugar

3 T. lemon juice

2 eggs

1 1/2 cup flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 cup milk

1 cup blueberries, frozen and thawed


Beat butter, sugar, lemon juice, milk and eggs - by hand. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into egg mixture. Fold in blueberries. Pour into greased loaf pan (8x4"). Bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes.

It really is delicious, and as I expected, it's rather easy to whip up for quick breakfast delight.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, Bevy!
    I'm going to copy that recipe~~I love blueberry bread. Thanks for posting it. Also, thank you for sharing the link for the camp. I read the poetry a couple of the boys wrote and it's absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad they have a nurturing place like that to go to. Have a wonderful day with your little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...