Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Corners of my home - the Kitchen!

"... Where even the tea kettle sings from happiness."






I decided to start this series - "corners of my home" - with the kitchen, which is to me, REALLY, the heart of the home. This particular kitchen is unique in that it is literally the center (the heart) of the house. You enter directly into it from the front door, you have go through it to enter the two other downstairs rooms which are on either side, and also to go upstairs - you will find the steps ascending, just off to the side of the kitchen. It's large, and roomy. Plenty of playing room for little hands and feet. Lots of counter space and deep, deep cupboards... Oh! and,
Ahhh!! the smell of coffee and aroma of breakfast, creeping upwards. Of course, how would I know, because I'm the one whose making everything.... that is, unless the coffee gets prepped the night before, thanks to my handsome man. I love when he thinks of that...

It was a lot of fun starting the unpacking process and realizing how much I really do have a clue when it comes to feeling efficient in the kitchen. Am I really on top of things, efficiently, and ALWAYS has a clue? No way. But, I realized that for me to do my best... I needed my "go too" items in just the right place. These certain drawers held these certain utensils just right because that made the most sense - for me.

This is why I say; "One of my prayers was answered when I met my husband; I don't want any competition in my kitchen." Which was sorta a selfish prayer, I suppose. Because now my hubby uses that sometimes (totally in jest!) against me, along with his claim that "he can burn water - and that he has witnesses to prove it". I'm grateful for his willingness to lend a hand when needed.

It's a place where Dump Meals are created and concocted. Where dishes are never ending... where creativity and guinea pig come face to face, and often where, "if you leave hungry, it's your own fault". It's a place where I hope friends and family will gather, connect, take-part in, and learn. Lesson's will be learned, noses blown and tears wiped, and... Where the coffee pot is always brewing!

: : Here's my kitchen tip for the day!

"May memories be collected, as readily, as tasty new recipes are...

always ready to be shared and passed on". ~yours truly





3 comments:

  1. I love your new kitchen! I could use a cup of coffee right now. Can I stop over? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bevy! I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog...it's always so refeshing and I feel like I've gotten to know you so much through reading it. I love and that you are sharing "corners of your home"...what a great kitchen.
    Oh, and by the way, thanks so much for the post with the video link on "Death is not Dying." I really enjoyed listening to that, and felt both challenged and convicted. I liked it so much that I think I might post a link on my blog. Hopefully you won't mind :).
    Thanks again for sharing so much of yourself through this blog...it's really a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitchens really are the heart of the home. I love your kitchen and um....is that a red kitchen aid on the counter...it's on my list to own someday. Oh and love the quote! Hugs, Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...