Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Corners of my Home


Not long before we moved to this house, a friend of mine requested that I post more about the "corners of my home". She didn't say it that way; she was referring to of all the little shabby chic/vintage/antique type vignette's that I have everywhere. At the time, we were in the middle of packing up, but, I gave it some thought and decided to save it for after we relocated.


As you have already noticed, I also decided to give my blog a face lift yesterday. Well, what do you think?? And so, by all means, I thought that this would be a great time for me to focus in on some of my "creativeness" - simple ways in how I try and desire to make our home, OUR HOME!! And to, perhaps, (as time goes on) give you another "series" to anticipate... entitled "Corners of my Home"!


Another reason for doing this, obviously, is to further inspire me to finish "settling" in. It can really take time to unpack and recreate a home that is quaint, comfortable, kid-friendly and inspiring all at the same time.


I love this quote, that I found...

What is Home?

It is the laugh of a baby, the activity
of a toddler
, the song of a mother;
the strength of
a father. Warmth of
living hearts, light from happy eyes, kindness, loyalty,
comradeship.
Where joy is shared and sorrow eased.

Where even the tea kettle
sings from happiness.

That is home.

~ Ernestine Schumann Heink (italics mine)


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy all your posts. Looking forward to hearing/seeing more of the corners of your home:)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog - so peaceful! I enjoyed all that you share here and will be back for another visit :)

    God Bless~ Merit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...