Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Corners of my home - the Living Room!

"Every house where love abides And friendship is a guest Is surely home, and home, sweet home for there the heart can rest". ~Henry Van Dyke

As in continuation to the series; Corners of my Home! I got to thinking about what to say about this room, and well... not much came to mind other then, this is where we often gather in the evenings to read (God's Word) as a family. Where (tons of children's) video's are watched. Notice where our TV is hiding. Yup! In an old, antique buffet cupboard. That right there is a long story, in and of itself, which I won't get into right now. We honestly do not watch a lot of TV and so this is one way to keep it out of sight - out of mind. I have to give credit to my Dad on this one. Again, too long of a story...




The Living Room is one of my other favorite rooms (the first being the kitchen) of the house. I feel like my creativity gets to thrive here, in terms of where actual decor and vintage/antique treasures abound. A place where one will (hopefully) feel comfortable enough to rest and relax. Where "hospitality" is rampant. I will be honest. There are days when it feels like; "Oh, I hope no one steps a toenail into this house, because it is so chaotic around here with toys and what have you", only to remember my hopeful heart's motto of

"My house may not be ready but my heart is. Come on In!"






I love the top of the cabinet here. I don't know how well you can see these pictures, but...

This is where I have taken old, random jars and placed photo copies of old family "black and whites". I can't remember what magazine I found this idea in - but I am so glad I did. I think it is such a unique way to display old family photo's. And it certainly can be a great conversation piece. The pictures mostly consist of my parents wedding and then back through the years of my grandparents on both sides, along with my parent's as children and their siblings.


       **************
There is another nook to this living room that I don't have a picture of yet, basically because I'm still working on it. But, in reality, I feel like this is the corner that makes the living room even more unique. I'll try to post on this at a later time.

I'll leave you with another favorite quote of mine. It's actually a Jewish Home Blessing, but I think it is quite fitting for this post today.
"May its doors be open to those in need, and it's rooms be filled with kindness. May joy shine from its windows, And HIS presence never leave it."


I hope this to be true, in general, of our whole home. And not just our home(s), but our heart(s). I have had this thought come to me - at one point - and it's never left. And that is; to view my life as a house with glowing windows. Where when people look at me they can't help but see the light of Christ shining through! I really hope it's true.


I know there are obvious needs for attention to detail (ie; candles, picture in frames, or other accent peices) in our living room, here (I'm still working on it). But, one thing for sure is, I know that God is certainly paying great attention to detail when it comes to the matter of my heart. There is still room for improvement, and He knows that.

1 comment:

  1. I am so enjoying seeing all of the nooks and crannies of your home! Your blog is truly an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...