Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm trying, I'm trying

My real life friend, Christy, inspired this thought on her blog yesterday.... My response in comment form was; "I'm trying, I'm trying".

She was referring to Mother's getting out and having fun - as much as littles ones need to do. I got to thinking "that is exactly what I'm getting to do later today and tomorrow". Needless to say I am really, really excited.

Although this has been planned for a little while now, the blessing of it (happening) is just now sinking in. Scott needs to go to Lancaster, PA for business, on Wednesday. Which just happens to be on my birthday. So, he has made arrangements to take a half day today, to have the kiddo's go to friends of ours for the rest of today, overnight and all day Wednesday, and I get to go along!! and go shopping... ALL BY MYSELF. Can this really be happening? I have to pinch myself...

When I first read Christy's post I got to thinking about what would be fun for me (to do) and when she said, "start a project, finish a project", I was like; "Oh honey, where do I begin in that area, there are so many project's going on - I'm not sure which to start first... but I'm trying, I'm trying".

But, planning and going to Lancaster for a day and half with out the little ones! Ahhh, now this is good. I admit that sounds a bit selfish too. But, I think it will be so refreshing. So needed. I will have to let you know how the adventure turns out. Believe me when I say my "to do, to go" list is long... and I hope to get it all done, but I doubt that will happen.

I just love my husband in that he has thought of this and has decided to 'bless me' in this way. Thank you, thank you , thank you. It's probably the most anticipated, and simply the best birthday gift ever given...

4 comments:

  1. melissa stutzmanJune 9, 2009 at 10:10 AM

    hey wish we could get together! i was just thinking i would like you to come to my house sometime and now you are in lancaster. but i know you have a long to do to go list. you can call info and get our number under my name.
    melissa stutzman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bevy Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful "me" day. Enjoy you gift of time from your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Blog
    http://www.wretch.cc/blog/markacey
    Thanks for your share
    Nice to meet you

    Hsinchu, Taiwan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this comment (from C & C) on a January Post that I think was intended for this post:

    Hmmmm...that's not really what I meant by the "project thing", I guess I should change that to "go shopping". :) Whatever you do it needs to be fun! If the project isn't fun and refreshing that you need a different one for your "Mother Culture".

    June 9, 2009 9:46 AM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...