Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Such Labor of Love

My Mother's Day gift, this year, was "helping to do the flowerbeds" - which I was all over that. I said, "I would rather have the gift of time and hands helping then a bouquet of cut-flowers, any day".

So, with seeds in hand... we planted just a few things, as you can tell.



But, I didn't have anything to show for it - as the seeds hadn't started sprouting yet. To my surprise, my mother calls me the other afternoon and said that she was planning to go to a local greenhouse, located right around the corner from our place, that she would like to take me along and that my brother's would watch the little ones... Would I like to go along??? Absolutely. Only to realize, after awhile, that this was my birthday gift from her to me. I love my Mom!!


And, my son... here he is trying, so hard, to help. He's doing very well at it, too. I just hope he enjoys it as much when he's older. My little buddy... with garden tools, dirt and a little bit of elbow grease, oh I hope that The growing should go well...


"Hey Janelle, I planted FOUR tomato plants and ONE basil!!! I just thought you might like to know". (Sorry, just a little inside joke here.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...