Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Corners of my Home- the Kitchen, part two


One of my five sister's had my name at Christmas, and blessed me with a gift card to Joann Fabrics. I was "sorta" looking for fabric to make curtains, for the kitchen, when I found this material on the clearance rack. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but it certainly was closer (to it) then anything else I had found. With only two and a half yards to work with, no pattern, no room to start over if I messed something up... this is what I came up with.







It was funny. I started this one late(er) one evening - while waiting for Scott to finish up what he was doing on the computer, only to realize he was just up waiting on me. I must admit I was pretty tired. He helped me hang it up... I fussed and shushed it around... and off to bed we went.


It was really fun though, waking up the next morning (totally forgetting what I had done the night before) and going downstairs to the kitchen. Surprising myself, like as though by magic, this curtain (just randomly) appeared over my kitchen sink. And I managed to smile, in my grogginess, realizing that another thing was off the check list - and I could go on about my day.

My Kitchen is now settled in - feeling quite "at Home".


Now, where is the coffee?


2 comments:

  1. What a great job you did!! I love the colours in the curtains, they look wonderful hanging in your kitchen. I know what you mean about surprising yourself coming in the kitchen to something new. It's almost like getting a present all over again. By the way, your cannisters are so pretty! Have a beautiful day! Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...