Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday's Finds - FOUR of them!

Imagine my surprise!! This was a really fun Friday Find. Last week, one evening, the little ones and I were waiting for Scott to come home from work, as we usually do. As he pulled in, parked and got out of the car he had an extra special little wave and then he ducked back into the car and... lo, and behold, pulled out this bundle of what looked like " fence wire". From the distance it was hard to tell, until he got closer...


My jaw was dropping as I noticed that they were actually tomato cages!! You see, by now our four little plants were really starting to take off and I was getting concerned that we had better find ourselves some sort of support structures (either make our own with sticks and twine or buy some metal ones)- SOON!!

I thought Scott got them from a friend at work who is moving, but "No!"... Instead, he was driving along, on his way into work, saw someone had trash out (I won't tell you the first line he gave me) and noticed what he thought looked like tomato cages, so he backed up, took a closer look and sure enough, that's what he found. I was thrilled...

He hadn't even taken the time to check out how many there were. As he pulled them apart...you guessed it... One, Two, Three and FOUR!! A blessing, I suppose, even an answer to prayer. As they say; "One man's trash is another man's treasure". They were a little rusty, but hey, it works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. Just checking out new blogs and I really like yours. Feel free to come check out mine if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...