Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Introducing the "flat rocks"...

Just wanting to introduce to you, the "flat rocks". This is approximately 2 miles up the dirt road from the cabin. So, we often bike or even walk up to here - ALWAYS KEEPING AN (vigil) EYE OUT FOR SNAKES.
Yes, this python was dead, along the road. Thank God!! Scott and I decided to take a stroll one morning - just the two of us- and this is what we found. It does make one a little nervous, knowing there are snakes up here, and especially with all the Little's running around.
Okay, getting the snake out of the way... let's go on to the "flat rocks".
I can remember my Mom having a picture of me when I was around two years old... I was standing on these same rocks but the chasm between the two sides was much closer together. I can even remember "jumping" the rocks - as I got a little older. Now, look how time (and nature's course) has separated the rocks from each other.

The flat rocks are so rightly named, because it's pretty flat under water too. It makes for some deep, cold water. A great place to go swimming (& tubing), because there is no worrying about stepping on smaller rocks all of the time. Also, a great place to get some serious sun if you like to sunbathe. Not for me!! That's what snakes like to do, too.








So, while Scott and I were up here enjoying the beauty one afternoon- we got a little surprise!! My brother, Justin, and sister, Lorene, rode up on bikes bringing Caleb along for the ride.




He absolutely loved it, and looks like he's about to fall asleep...
any minute.



I guess now would be as good as a time as any to ask for your thoughts and prayers for our safety and well-being, if you think of us.
Come back tomorrow for just "random photo's" of our time up at the cabin, last year.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Bevy,
    Enchoy yourselves! It looks like a wonderful place to relax and have fellowship. I'll be praying for you.
    Have fun!
    Nancy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to meet your family and in your other post...the picture of you and your family...just beautiful! Enjoy and have fun!! Hugs, Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...