Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ham 'N' Potatoes Au Gratin...

~Ham 'N' Potatoes Au Gratin~

1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons butter, divided
3 cups diced peeled potatoes, cooked
1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in one tablespoon butter until tender.
Combine the onions and pepper with the potatoes, ham and mayonnaise; pour into an ungreased 11" x 7" x 2" baking dish.
In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for one minute. Stir in cheese just until melted. Pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.

: : This is a great, quick easy meal. Just add a few sides like a green veggie or salad. For this particular dish (literally this exact one), I didn't have any ham available to use, BUT... I happened to have some Ring Bologna that needed to be used. So, I chopped it up and gave it a quick fry in the frying pan - just because I wanted to get a little more flavor going there...and nobody even knew it.

I sure do love getting creative in my kitchen. What kind of "secrets of the kitchen" have you pulled off, lately?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bev!
    I miss you and sure wish I could sit at your kitchen table and share a cup of tea with you. I love reading about your life. You are one of my most beloved friends. I hope you know that and never forget it. I love you very much!
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...