Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Psalm 16 - In pleasant places... (part two)

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.
I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you
I have no good thing".

As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones
in whom is all my delight.
The sorrows of those will increase
who run after other gods...


Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely, I have a delightful inheritance....

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy
in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

* * * * * *
These verses have had specific meaning for me, here of late. Recently, this has become something of which I have been mulling over, in effort to share with you all. And it's something I feel I should - just because, but it scares me to do so.
Consider this Part Two of this post - Yes!, you read that right. And, I ask you to please remember me in your prayers this week as I gather my thoughts in hopes of sharing Part One, as honestly and effectively as I can.

5 comments:

  1. Bev - Psalm 16 has been one of those hidden treasures....... One of those things that I think I read and say "It really says THAT? Where?" Praying for your week!!

    Still passing by on the way to CM at Grace..... someday the twins might slow down enough for me to actually talk to you :) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bev,
    I made your buttermilk coffee cake tonight. It's hot out of the oven. I hope I don't eat it when it's cool in the middle of the night. It's supposed to be for our breakkie tomorrow morning! The whole house smells fantastic!
    OK... can't wait for part 1 - what's in part 1... tell me, tell me, tell me :)
    LOVE you!
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! You are in my prayers, friend. Hugs, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you, dear Bevy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for you, dear Bevy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...