Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a Supreme Idea!!

I had these beautiful peaches on hand, and needed to make a dessert for an upcoming picnic with our care group at church, last weekend.  I immediately thought of the recipe that my Mother made so often called "Peaches & Cream Surpreme Pie".  Of course in going to the recipe box, I found this one too (Easy Peach Cream Pie) and found my self in quite a "uhmmm" moment, with trying to decide which recipe to use. 
Both recipes are equally delicious.
This is what Peaches & Cream Supreme Pie looks like - and it is so Scrumptious (in my opinion). 
But after thinking about it for a moment and wondering... How would taking this recipe and turning it into cupcakes work?  I decided to give it a try.  I decided to give myself the benefit of the doubt,  I would be okay if it didn't work and just make another whole pie.  Who would know? Nobody, but me. 
So, obviously, it worked.  I was thrilled.  ONE PIE RECIPE MAKES 12 CUPCAKES.  I, of course, did a few minor detail changes (that's my middle name - "change it up"!) with the topping part, to help scale it down to to size.  It was nice to have something "easy" to hold (at a picnic) rather then having to use a fork.
Okay, so I know your mouth is watering and you want the recipe. 
 Here it is!

~Peaches & Cream Supreme Pie~
Crust Batter:
1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1 Tablespoon peach juice* (or, Real Lemon juice works)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
Grease sides and bottom of 10" pie pan .  For the cupcakes, I used paper liners.  Did not grease anything.
Filling:
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 oz. of softened cream cheese
1 egg
Mix well.
Topping:
1 cup fresh sliced peaches (*you can use canned peaches, in which then you would have reserved peach juice for the crust)
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
In a large bowl, combine batter ingredients and spread in bottom and up sides of greased 10" pie plate (for the cupcakes I very carefully divided to batter between the twelve cupcake oapers and then went back with a small spatula to work it up the sides just to the top of the paper).  
Pour filling onto unbaked crust batter, lay peaches carefully (for the cupcakes I took about a tablespoon of filling for each cupcake and only laid  in about two slices of peaches for each one)
Mix together the 1 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup brown sugar and spread over peaches.  (for the cupcakes I only did about a half cup of sour cream and maybe two tablespoons of brown sugar, and then dropped about a teaspoon worth over the peaches for each cupcake.)
Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.  I would say the time is about the same for both ways of doing this.  The pie should not "shake" - you may have to keep it in the oven a little longer.  Refridgerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

: : Let me know how you enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best cook in the world! My mouth is watering just looking at that luscious peach pie and amazing muffins! I am putting my request in right now to have those in the spring :)
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely amazing. I love peaches and cupcakes...what a combination:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I can just taste the freshness! What a great idea making them into smaller little cupcakes. This is definitely a recipe I'm going to try. Thanks, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found this - umm, can you say DELICIOUS!!! I'm not even a big peach fan but wow, these look sooooooooo goooooood!!!! (now to figure a way to make them gluten free... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks just delicious; it reminds me of a cross between a coffee cake and a pie. Yum.. I will have to give a try with my extra peaches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...