Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday's Finds - And all the other recent sewing projects...

You may wonder what the buzz is over and around my sewing machine here of late?  I've mentioned I've been busy with several sewing projects...

I had two baby showers, to attend, last week.  Neither of these friends knows what sex their baby is.  Which I think is WONDERFUL!!  Surprise, surprise!! Anyway, I decided to make a pair of  baby shoes  for each, as part of their gift and that I would just give one to one and the other pair to the other.  If I'm wrong about who had what and who was born to who.  I'll make them a new pair or well - one of them has got to be right.  Don't you think?



~ Baby Boy Blue, for Ashley~




~Baby Girl Pink, for Amanda~

******************
Any Guesses here???
I think you know what is coming with this one...
Stay tuned for my Bags by Bevy Etsy Shop - opening October 1st, 2009




I am so excited and very nervous at the same time.
You can be praying about that, with us.  Thank You!!
*********
So, this has been the project from Corners of my Home - the Living Room that I have avoided showing you. Remember, because I was still working on this area?   I love this corner!  The lace curtians were a free gift from my girlfriend, Amiee, but I just knew it needed SOMETHING else.  I couldn't put my finger on what that was, until I found a picture with this idea.  Of  course now, the problem is, I cannot remember where I saw it so I can't tell you to look at it for yourself. 




And for Friday's Finds...

Here's the fabric that I found.  I found this fabric for $ .49 cents a yard, the other weekend while shopping in Lancaster.  Come back next week for the full post on what I came up to dress up the lace curtians.  And how I gave the windows the pop of color they needed. 

****************
I'm sure the sewing machine will go a few miles later today...
Have a good weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bevy,
    What beautiful baby shoes~~makes me wish I was younger than I am~~but then I may be ordering some for grandchildren in the future! Your living room looks so pretty~~can't wait to see what else you do with the windows. Have a fun sewing day! I'm looking forward to seeing your Etsy site. I KNOW you'll do well with it. Your bags are soooo gorgeous! Have a blessed weekend!
    Nancy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful living room and the shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...