Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday's Finds - See, this is what I'm talking about...

Decadent Dessert and Coffee.



The other evening my sister, Gladys, stopped by for a late night visit & to see our house, since she hasn't been here yet.  A "late night visit" sounds really funny, but it's the truth.  Especially when we usually "try" to be in bed about the time she was planning to arrive (I say try because one of us is usually wanting to be in bed sooner then the other).

But, let me explain.  She (Gladys) did give me at least a day's notice, but with one huge request.  She was coming from 3 hours away and bringing along a friend of hers who is getting married in just a few weeks.  This friend, is planning to have a dessert bar for her reception - instead of wedding cake.  The request was that I would make this certain dessert I had been raving about; one that I "recreated" from out of their camp cookbook (the camp where my sis is the head cook at).  That I would have this Peanut Butter Fudge Pie dessert (with Coffee) ready when they arrived around 9:30 -9:45 pm.  I said sure!!  (And that doesn't sound late, does it?)

See, this is what I am talking about.  Late night's, sitting around with coffee, talking in hushed tones (so as not to wake up the little ones)- Finding the time to just have, what I like to call, a Cup of Talk.  I miss those times, with my friend's and sisters, on a regular basis.  (I do, do this with my hubby on occasion).  And, so it was really special that she came by - it felt like old times. 

: : I will post this recipe - upon request!?!?!  Hopefully soon. Somehow I feel it needs its own post.  And,  I think know you'll want this recipe...too!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Bev...... I might have to stop following your blog now. It's the whole "Lead us not into temptation" thing..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Not trying to lead ANYONE into temptation here, but the gist (and I know you got it) here is to gather around (and if it means with decadant dessert & coffee, then by all means - Go for it!!) for "fellowship" via hospitality and togetherness. That's all. ;)

    Love the comment, Kristy. Thank You!!! Wanna come over? I have some left over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd want the Peanut Butter Fudge Pie for my wedding cake! Just writing out the words made me drool!

    Recipe? YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks great! I'd love the recipe for when I feel like making something totally not healthy. haha

    We had a dessert reception at our wedding too. But we still served cake. I would not do both if I had to do it over, the cake really didn't get eaten.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...