Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fudge Peanut Butter Pie!!

Hey, thanks all for your patience on this one.
Here is the recipe - as promised!!  I decided to go ahead and give you the recipe out of the cook book and then the recipe, the way I recreated it.  The picture is of my version.
Warning:  It is really, really decadant.


The Cookbook's version:
1 cup peanut butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup 10x sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip
2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup whipping cream
2 T. white corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
2 prepared graham cracker pie crusts
Beat peanut butter, cream cheese, and 10x sugar together.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Heat chips, cream, corn syrup and vanilla over low heat until chocolate chips are melted.  Divide evenly between the 2 pie shells.  Chill.  Top with peanut butter mixture.  When ready to serve, garnish with Cool Whip and peanut butter cups.

Here is my version:

1 cup peanut butter
8oz. cream cheese
(Now, I had found a peanut butter that already had sugar added - it was from Gertrude Hawk - that is maybe not a regular item out there, I don't know because I found it our discount grocery store.  So, this last time when I made this recipe I didn't have enough of that to make the one cup of peanut butter so added some of my regular creamy p.b. and didn't add anymore sugar to it.  To make this recipe again I think I would go ahead and add the sugar.  NO COOL WHIP!)
1 cup sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
(to add corn syrup is not necessary)

For my crust I have used either a chocolate graham cracker crust (made my own) or I have used 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo or Hydrox cookies, mixed with 5 Tbs. melted butter and pressed onto the bottom of a 9" springform pan.  Chill.
I make the recipe as above (obviously omitting ingredients, that I have opted out of using) and then top with
Real Homemade whipped cream using my Easy Accent Decorator from Pampered Chef and chop up a few Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - if I have them around.

: : Make sure your coffee pot is on and brewing as you serve your guests this decadence...

2 comments:

  1. BEVY! Oh. My. Goodness. This looks heavenly. I cannot WAIT to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like your version...might have to try both (hee hee)
    Thanks for posting the recipe.
    Oh yea, coffee is a must!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...