Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, baby girl!!

It's hard to believe, but here we are.  One year ago today...
My baby girl has hit the big ONE.
I love this picture of Caleb.  It looks like Big Brother, doesn't know what to make of this situation.  I suppose if you needed an theatrical  stunned-like expression for "Who has just entered MY WORLD?" -then this would be what that expression would look like.
This was the first time of Caleb meeting Aubrey, while still in the hosptial, and we were not really sure how it would go, even though we had talked alot about a new baby coming and being apart of our family.  We figured it would go pretty good, which it ultimately did.  However, the first week, at home, was pretty interesting.  When she would cry during the night, it would wake Caleb up and then Scott was on one end of the couch, while I was nursing Aubrey on the other.  We would get to laughing (sometimes) so hard.  Basically, due to exhaustion.  That week ended, and things really settled into a groove.  The little ones shared a room (and still do) and they adjusted rather, very well.

I cannot believe how fast this first year of Aubrey's life has flown by.  I know that sounds cliche.  Everybody will say that about their kids.  But, for her, well... a lot has happened and changed, over this year, for our family.  And with her being our second child, she has just been under Caleb's shadow and has come into her own - so quickly. I keep thinking; "When did she learn to do that?".  She still seems so small, yet the crazy stuff she does (she's a climber, Caleb was not) makes her seem like she is going on 10!  From walking early, to climbing onto everything.  I mean just the places that I find her... makes me wonder about her.
I often say that I remember how she was "different" - even while still in the womb.  So active.  So curious.  I would say her curiousity has been the most interesting thing to observe about her.  Always wondering what is going on around her  and she is always intently studying the situation.  She will stay up late, at night time, so as not to miss something... and wake the rooster up, in the morning.  In fact this morning she was up at 5:30-ish.  Silly girl!
Her expressions are amazing... her baby talk is really becoming very clear and audible, she's a stubborn little might but as sweet as all get out.  I love when she has the fake cry going on and then when it is real there is a sense of modesty about it - when she will cover her mouth with her hand. 
It feel's like I missed a whole stage of baby feeding with her.  She is/was such a fussy eater - very picky.  I don't know if it is a texture thing or what.  But now, she feels she is to be on her own (but mommy doesn't deal with food messes really well)- very much in an explorative stage.  I do not know how in the world she weighs 22 lbs. (At her Dr's appointment on Tuesday we got her weight and height.  She is only 29" tall) I just looked at Caleb's 12 month numbers and he weighed 24.8lbs and was 31" tall... I guess that explains why she does seem so small all around. 
Well, like I said - she makes up for it in spunk and might.  She will certainly hold her own.  And, learning all she can from the rest of us.
Aubrey, we love you!!  You are a real blessing to our family... You sure came as a (conceived) surprise to us, but it is no surprise that you belong to our family. 

Happy 1st Birthday, Baby Girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aubrey!!
    Bev, please give her a big hug and kiss from me! XOXOXOXOX
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (Belated) Birthday to the cutest little girl in PA !
    Can't wait to give her a hug :)

    LOVE,
    Auntie Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...