Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Redolent of Friendship"


My dear, sweet friend from TN just recently had a birthday.  I so badly wanted to bless her with one of my "Bags by Bevy".  While my Mother-in-law was here for a few days, last week, she insisted that she send me to my sewing room to sew while she watched the little ones.  I dutifully obeyed. (Thank you, Susie Mom!)

This is the bag that I came up with.  Red is one of Mitzi's favorite colors and it I thought it came together so well.  While trying to come up with a name for it... I always reach for the dictionary. (Interestingly enough, I know).
The word redolent came to the forefront as I was reading through. Here is what it means;

redolent (adj.) 1. having a pleasent odor; fragrant. 2.odorous or smelling (followed by of). 3. suggestive or reminiscent (followed by of). ie; stories redolent of mystery...

I just knew that this was a must-use word for the naming of this bag.  I wanted this bag to be a reflection or reminiscent of our "pleasent" friendship.  We are of such, kindred spirit, Mitzi and I, and I just wanted to bless her in a special way. 

Happy Birthday, Mitzi!! 




   ~Here is a peek of inside the bag~



****************************
In case you are curious, I have not forgotten about the "price list" that you all have asked about in regards to Bags by Bevy.  My husband and I are still working on those details.
We're getting there, but  life keeps getting in the way. ;( 
In fact, we think were going to open an Etsy Shop come
 October 1st.  Lord Willing!!
In the meantime, I have a few other sewing projects I've been working on. As well as, I have been busily obtaining more sewing materials, in order to continue to make more of my bags.  So, Stay tuned!!

4 comments:

  1. I love my bag and I love my friend who made it for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag! Your dear friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! And what a special thing to be able to name a gift to give it even more meaning! Wonderful work Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the element of surprise when you look into a purse! I don't know what I like best about your "Redolent" bag, the outside or inside!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...