Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Where I want to be.

My friend, Kristy, shared a post  the other day that actually clinched what I have been thinking here of late... She used one word (meaning the same as) to describe her thoughts and feelings.  Insufficiant. or Inadequate.

I have been reading this book, whenever I get a chance, over the past several weeks.  Let's just say I know the feeling... so inadequate.  I  can remember reading the book - way back - before I was married (By the way, I love any and all books by Elizabeth George - I highly reccomend them!) and I can remember thinking "Wow! What a great (easy to apply) book!"  Now, being in the midst of marriage and my life is in the throws of motherhood...

I would have to say "Wow! What a hard book".  I have simply been melted to tears over and over... because I am so inadequate.  Especially, on my own.  God is gracious!


But, I keep reading.  Why?  Because, It's where I want to be.  A Woman after God's own Heart....
and, I am so grateful for a husband who loves me unconditionally.  He must have learned that from his FATHER!!

2 comments:

  1. I have read this book several times. Mine is so underlined, written in and marked up it looks very battle weary..but it is SO good and if we apply what's in it, we will be so much more what God intended us to be!
    Blessings!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book. I remember it being really good. Don't be too hard on yourself. We can never be GOOD enough. She has some wonderful words of wisdom in there though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...