Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Your labor...is not in vain"

Wasn't sure what to post about today.  I feel like my mind is going a million different directions.  I sit with Aubrey, asleep in my arms, which feels nice but oh so limiting....There is much to do. (It's about 8:30pm as I type one handed).By the way, she is recuperating from a Dr's visit today - with shots! Just a little cranky this evening. But, we're coming off of a rather laborious weekend (Labor Day - and yes, we were busy) and we are now heading into another, several busy days.  For instance: 

Last Friday evening we went to a dinner/birthday party for my girlfriend, Amiee.  Visiting with her and her family.  Very nice evening.  Delicious, too.  But we got up early Saturday morning to do our Monthly Grocery Shop to Lancaster, Co.  After getting home from there, and putting everything away...making dinner...I NEEDED to can or do something with peaches.  So I canned hot-sealed 16 half-pints of Peach Jam.  Then, Scott desperately needed a haircut and beard trim ( I LOVE HIS BEARD, by the way, and that He Wears it just for me- YUMMM) and so we set up barber shop in the kitchen.  That went well.  I just needed to really clean up the kitchen afterwards.  By now, Saturday evening was getting a little on the late side and on into the night.
Sunday - was church.  Wonderful to sit and soak up EVERYTHING!!  Got to visit with different folks that normally we're "missing" in the hallway, so to speak.  Scott needed to run to the Auto Parts store for a few things, came home made lunch.  The kiddo's, well one of them, laid down for a nap.  Scott took the opportunity to study (more computer classes).  I also put 2 1/2 quarts of peaches into the freezer (that should do it for the peaches, now), pulled tomato plants out and "cleaned" up the flowerbeds, etc.

Our Labor Day, Monday, was no different.  My youngest brother, Nate, came over (bless his heart) to give us a hand.  Because, Scott was out under  by the car - this time working on the front disc brakes (among other things-He's gonna have a new car till its all said and done!) and I was planning to "rearrange" and clean up our spare bedroom/sewing room/office trying to make it bit more cozy for my Mother-in-Law (Scott's mamma), who is coming for a week long visit.  So, Nate was a god-send in that he was there to help entertain the kids, or to give either Scott or I a hand.  Which he did and I was so grateful.  On Sunday, we had found a small desk that someone had out for the trash (after their yard sale on Saturday) and so I was glad that we decided to stop, pick it up and have Nate to help haul it up our stairs.  It's perfect.  Now, we just need a rolling chair.  Anyway.

So, yeah.  Susie Mom (as we call her, as opposed to my Mom who we call Mamma Rhoda) is coming up from VA, to our house, for a week long visit.  This is the first time that she will have been here.  We're really looking forward to it.  Aubrey's first birthday is on Thursday - which is one of the reason's she is coming.  That being said.  I am planning and preparing for that.  Thinking about menus for the week, planning the birthday party (which won't be huge - except if you count all the "just family" that are planning to come, there are like 20 people not including us) and I know that there will be shopping to Lancaster, the bookstore, our local thrift store, you name it.  PLUS, I have ...

Let's see.  This coming Sunday is a baby shower.  So, I am planning to make a pair of baby shoes for that one.  I have another baby shower to go to later in the week - I plan to make a pair for that one, too.  I have a blouse, which I finally got cut out on Sunday afternoon too, that  I was asked to make (it's really, really easy) for a girlfriend's, girlfriend who is getting married and her wedding shower is on the 19th, so that needs to get sewn up. Not a problem. Plus, this in one is on me, But I have a dear friend who has a birthday coming up on the 15th of September that I would like to make a bag  for. (Bags by Bevy)  SHE doesn't know it yet though - shhhh!!  (she is probably going to read this post and see this.  Oh well.)

So, thus why I say, I feel like I'm going in a million different directions.  I don't think it would be so bad if our darling daughter wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night and then have trouble going back down until at least an hour (or longer) has passed.  I blame it on the fact that her one-year molars are getting "pushy" ...and, with that, she has a slight cold to boot. 

I'm sitting here typing - thinking- so this post sounds like I "need a little cheese, with this whine"... who cares what I need to do (yet) or what I've done over the weekend?  Then again, this is life, our life, my life.  If nothing else out of this post.  Oh, can you tell that I transitioned from holding Aubrey and typing with one hand (last night) to now it's the following morning (almost 12 hours later) and I am still trying to get this post up? Thank God for a great night of sleep last night.  I needed that.

 But, if nothing else out of this post... will you just whisper a prayer for God's grace.  That I would just be able to go with the flow...to be able to RELAX and enjoy the activities to come.  This verse comes to mind...

"She is clothed with strength and dignity,
she can laugh at the days to come".  ~ Proverbs 31:25
Yes, the labor list is long.  And doing it all as unto the Lord, it will not be in vain as it talks about in 1Cor. 15:58
Now, off to the daily activites of the day, along with four loads of laundry - at least.  Plus, we're excitedly waiting for Grandma Susie to arrive-sometime today!!  I wonder if she'll let me sew at night, while she's asleep?  She does take her hearing aid's out...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your friend sure is blessed to have you remember her on her birthday with a BBB! I bet she'll just LOVE it... especially because her precious treasure of a kindred spirit made it for her :)
    There's a verse in the Bible about working hard and therefore sleeping well because of it - no idea where it's located at this moment - but I have no doubt that you sleep well and soundly (when allowed to do so). You've a blessed life, my friend! Busy, full and blessed. Praising the Lord for your life right now. Breathe and enjoy :)
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...