Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bavarian Apple Tart!

This is one of my most favorite apple recipes to make in the fall. I made this dessert for Scott to take into work, Monday (yesterday). 
And here, I got a phone call from one of his co-worker's, yesterday afternoon, asking me for the recipe.  I was a little bit surprised, by that.  Then Scott mentioned that several others were asking for it yesterday, as well.   I knew that I planned to post this on here, today.  So, here it is, for everyone to enjoy. 


~(Bevy's) Bavarian Apple Tart~
** Wait, do you want my version or the cookbook version?!?!?  Seriously, I know.  I am so bad when it comes to changing things up in hopes and efforts to make it better...I'll just giveyou my version and be done with it.  Maybe that's why I can add my name to the recipe title, eh?

1 cup all-purpose flour (I use half whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
* Mix together with pastry cutter, or two knives,  until crumbly.  Press firmly onto bottom and up (1/2") sides of 8x12 baking dish.

12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. each of vanilla and almond flavorings
* Beat together, and spread carefully over pastry.  Leave some of the crust showing.  This can be tricky.  I use a small icing spreader.

4 cups, peeled and thinly sliced apples  (SOMETIME:  You have got to try this recipe using Fresh chunked Peaches!- Absolutely divine.)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* Combine and spread over cheese mixture.

1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* Spread over apples.

Bake at 425* for 10 minutes.  Then reduce heat to 375* and continue baking for 25 minutes.  Cool for 5 minutes then cut around the edge of pan with knife to loosen.  Cut in squares.  Great, served warm or cold!

:: Enjoy!  Especially with vanilla ice cream, coffee and your soul mate. 
Great "for a FALLing-in-Love" Combination!! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my that sounds so delicious! I'll be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just looks amazing!
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Thanks, Bev. You are so sweet! [as was your delicious dessert!!!] I'll let you know how mine turns out....”

    Thanks to you both,

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Bev~
    Just thought I would pop in to say hi. Hope you are keeping healthy and busy! =)
    Your Apple dessert looks so YUM ... care to make it for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm....this looks and sounds delicious!
    i just love fall apples......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...