Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, October 2, 2009

SEE WHAT I FOUND!!!

Well, HELLO YA'LL!!!!

Guess what, it is that time of month again to listen to the "Bevy's other half" ramblings......Honestly it is a pleasure to have a 2nd of the month fall on a Friday, for Friday's Finds and Scott's Second Sayings.

Let me tell you about what I found.....




It was June 2004 and I was in the middle of trucking (yes, I used to drive a 18-wheeler).




I had been "talking" to a lady thru a match service called e-Harmoney. The only thing is, is that I did not know I was talking to my wife-to-be. Yes, Bevy and I meet thru e-Harmoney.

The long story short, is that you have an option to place "matches" on-hold. Well, Bevy had placed me on hold, and my account was getting ready to expire. The day before my account expired, she contacted me and ask essentially if I was still interested in communicating. I responded that yes I was, and informed her that my account was getting ready to close, and I was not going to renew it. I gave her my private email (at the time) and said if she wanted to communicate, she would need to email me thru this address.  Well it turned out that it would be another day before I would get a chance to get back online, and by then, there-in my Inbox, was an email from Bevy.

We were married 11 months later and as they say the rest is history


......or is it really.

Over the last 5 years she has taught me alot; personally, spiritually, and relationally. Bev has been an unimagineable blessing to me in my life. By no means does she get all the "kuddos" from me that she deserves. When we starting courting, I explained to her that to know me and love me would probably have VERY tough times. I can say today though, she has loved and cared for me thru things I would never of imagined would have happened to me, but not always easy. She has always been my biggest supporter, and for that I love Her. She is solid in her faith and is appreciative of her heritage. That's what I love about her.

She is my wife, the one I rest next to in the evening and the one that keeps me straight and in-line (even if I have gone and got-in trouble with my brother-in-law <-That's another post in itself). It is honestly, by Gods goodness, grace, and love for me that she has been bestowed to me as my wife. My reasons can go on as to why I love her.

Do we have our "moments"?  Sure. Do we fail each other at times?  Sure. Do we misunderstand each other at times?  Sure. Bevy's patience and love has always been bigger that any situation we have ever been in. She says I have the patience of a saint. Well, if that is the case, then she has the love of an angel.

Bev, I thank God for letting me find you. Thank you for the daily care and tending to our home, family, and "us". I know days go by, and seem like they are thankless. Please know now and forever, your due diligence is noticed and appreciated. By no means do I give you the applause you deserve, and I know I fail a lot of times in encouragment for you. By Gods grace, may I become more of the husband, father, friend, leader to you and to our family, that He calls me to be. You are my Proverbs 31.

Babe, I LOVE YOU!




No, I AM THE LUCKY ONE!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't know you felt that way - about me! (just kidding). Thank you, Babe. You are my most wonderful person, my husband, MY MAN! - and I know you were being really gracious with your words. We are growing together and that really is the bottom line.

    Oh, and I think we will argue this till the cows come home; NO! I'm the lucky one.
    I love you...too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! As you know, we met through eharmony as well. It's funny to read your story since after a month or two, I also told Andy that my account was expiring and I was not planning to renew. If he wanted to continue keeping in touch, we'd need to email. Well, obviously we did that...:-)

    Bevy, we are both so blessed to have such wonderful, loving husbands. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful. May our Lord continue to bless your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that you guys met on e-harmony. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! This brought tears to my eyes. It sounds like your both are very blessed to have one another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great and special tribute to your wife and your life. It is so wonderful to read a husband's prespective.
    So loving...so thoughtful...so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how wonderfully sweet!
    I'm so glad I was wrong all those years ago :)

    LOVE to you all!

    p.s. The triplets turned 9 on Oct.2 ~ Can you believe it?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...