Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Simple Pleasures...



Simple Pleasures.  Spirit Lifters.  What ever you want to call it...

This is one of my "newest" bright spots within the nooks and crannies of my kitchen.  I just took some of the Blue Salvia from the summer flowerbeds and will let them dry, here in this little ole blue canning jar - just as they are- for a little cheer the rest of the year!!  Side by side to my antique flour sifter, sporting it's little red handle, what could be sweeter?   That's it, and I feel happier...


: : What do you do or have you done, for a little cheer - the rest of the year?

3 comments:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple pleasure...making and burning candles. Especially this time of year!

    Stopped by your Etsy shop. I love your bags. My favorite was the last one! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. You can usually find a candle burning on my kitchen table when the weather gets chilly. Also, the past couple of years I have taken pleasure in knitting a scarf for one of my kids....I am 2/3 finished with my daughter's. It is one of those super soft frilly yarns....with a mixture of blue, purple and red. Homemade scarves are thicker and warmer. Also, this year the good LORD has given us a full shelf and freezer full of peaches, pears, tomato soup, salsa, jam, tomatoes, blueberries, corn & zucchini...with the extended family's help! And just last week the fresh flower bouquets were Buy One, Get One at the grocery store....I will continue to take advantage of those sales this winter! A couple of vases full of the economical fresh cuts brighten up the corners of the home! And wait a minute....I think I have some salvia out in the flower bed! Thanks, Bevy! love, kim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...