Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This little light of mine...



This little "bit of fall" display is on the window sill - right at my kitchen sink.  I enjoy doing up little vignette's like this, all around the house.  But, why not?  For this one,  I am the one who is standing here, washing dishes, the most out of anyone, at any given time.  My favorite part of this display, at the moment, is the small lit candle.  It's small and intimiate yet it's presence is BIG as it smells of spiced apple and is - get this- just a little reminder to keep my light shining - at all times.

I need this reminder.  I can sing the little Sunday School song over and over with my little ones...
"this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine", but if I am not purposeful in letting my life shine with the light of Christ, then a light is just a light and there is no aroma or presence filling the room either.  I want to be intentional.  No matter how small.


: : Friends, how is your "little light" shining today?  Is it BIG with presence, purpose and intention?




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful reminder Bev! Love it (and your vignette) - what a great way to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...