Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday's Finds: Something different, please...

You know that ole waffle maker you've got tucked into the back of the cupboard?   It's somewhere, back there!!  Well, go ahead, pull it back out again.  It's NOT just for waffles...you know.



  I needed to come up with something different for lunch, one day. 
After all, the same old is the same old.  And so, I thought of this. 

What if I...



What if I buttered two slices of bread; spread the other side with some spagetti sauce (just one of the slices of buttered bread); added 4 thin slices of pepperoni; a sprinkle of mozzeralla cheese and put this into the waffle maker?

Do you know what?  It worked. 
Another Friday's Finds... and the kids loved it!!

Although Aubrey's face has a bit of a "what is this again?", look.  For some reason I totally missed Caleb with the picture taking... he literally gobbled his up in no time, though.
: : Any other ideas for usage with a waffle maker?  I read somewhere that you can take any muffin batter or sweet bread batter (like for pumpkin bread) and use that in the waffle maker instead of waffle batter - I have not tried that yet.  Have you?  I would love to hear how it turned out...


  WOW!  Pumpkin Bread Waffles does sound really, really good.  Maybe a Sunday night, "waffles and ice cream night" get-together is on the horizon.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks Bevy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this for grilled cheese for lunch. Yum! A waffle sandwich!

    Although my waffle iron does have the interchangeable griddle to do grilled sandwiches, I think a waffle sandwich would be more fun!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of using the waffle maker with sweet bread recipes. You've got the wheels of my mind turning now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I must go and tell my daughter.
    You know what they say, "necessity is the mother of invention".

    (is your broom still standing?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did grilled cheese in the waffle iron yesterday. They were awesome! All crisp outside and gooey inside. Now we're thinking of other fillings for them.:-)

    You rock, Bevy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are so creative! I so not have that cooking gene:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...