Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Gather together...

Our Thanksgiving Day (yesterday) was a wonderful time of being together, playing together, working together, and well.... it felt like ~Coming Home!!  There was lots of food, of course.  We all agreed that if you left hungry - it was your own fault.   I should clarify, we were all up at my sister and brother-in-law's place.

Here are a few more thoughts I've had over the past several days - this wonderful season and time of  Thanksgiving.  Basically, this is a follow-up to my last post on Come... and ask.



We really have so much to be thankful for.  In my last post I asked which was easier (or harder)  for you to do?  To give thanks for blessing or to ask for his blessing?  Scott and I talked about it some more and we both agreed, for us, it can be difficult at times to (humbly) ask him for future blessing.



Here is one example.  Scott interveiwed, on Wednesday, for a new postition in the company that he currently works for.  We talked yesterday on the way to our family gathering about what it would be like if he got the job or if he didn't.  For one, we are grateful for (his) current employment and so to ask the Lord for a change in employment (to a differently desired position) is in one sense asking for future blessing.  It's hard. 

If he doesn't get the job.  He's truly okay about that.  If the Lord chooses to bless us with the desire of his heart.  That would be great, too!    Awesome, in fact.
We won't know until Monday or Tuesday, the results of the job interview. He up against some pretty tough (but just as worthy or competent) competetion.



Here is another example.  My new business ~ Bags by Bevy! is fun, something I am totally enjoying doing but it's rather insignificant to providing any means for our needs as a family (although in the future, it doesn't mean that it couldn't). I just struggle, at times, to ask God for his blessing in sales, because that feels "selfish" of me.  But I/we did. and by his grace, he allowed blessing to come.  And I am truly (humbly) grateful.  I made three more bag sales this past week (privately - not through Etsy).  It just amazes me that even in the tiny details, and desires of our hearts - he blesses.  Sometimes in more ways than we can (or will) even expect or imagine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We go again tomorrow to another family gathering.  Here ~ it's a time of reflecting, where our hearts often will turn to remember the loss we've all experienced.  So many of these family members have loved ones gone on before us.  My Dad, (being one of them), both of my grandparents, my cousin's husband (tragically killed in a motorcycle accident) - a young father of five children.  But it turns our hearts toward Coming HOME!  Our future blessing awaits, us there, too. 

We're grateful for our memories. We have many.  Our life stories are woven together; our joys and our sorrows. We'll celebrate life tomorrow.  Because so many of these family members have birthday's on or around Thanksgiving (kinda fun).  So we celebrate, giving thanks for life, health and for memories still to be made.

 Once again, "We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing".

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm glad you've been doing well with your bags- I've been making and selling a good amount too, privately and not through Etsy. I'm like you-eventually it could make a nice side income but for now, it pays for my supplies and fabric addiction. :-)

    Have a great holiday weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy,
    I'm sending prayers up for you and your husband.
    God wants you to ask Him for your desires. You just have to wait because He will answer. And as you know, that is the hardest part, waiting.
    But remember, "He gives you double for your trouble"!
    I can hardly wait to see what He brings to your sweet family!!!

    PS - Have I told you that your children are so cute?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...