Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Help me...

You know, sometimes this blank page scares me.  It just can seem so intimidating at times.  Does anyone else ever feel this way? 

Much of my inner thoughts often go on, to question... "Am I really able to use this blog as a tool to speak into the lives of others? and I can think that, " I really don't have much to say, so how can I be of any use, or of any encouragement to people? Or more specifically, "How can I, at best, leave an impact for the Lord on here?" 

I realize that writing is not one of my first giftings - although I've tried my hand at it over the years in various ways; journaling, poetry, song writing, etc.  Yet, in my own interpretation, it never seems good enough.  I do just want to be faithful.  Faithful, because this is some place that I feel am called to to be a part of.  This is a place where I know I've found myself so encouraged by others (by and from their written word) on a daily basis and, I know I have done a small part in encouraging and in giving "back" to others - just by comments I've received from time to time.  So, thank you!  That really does mean so much, to me.

I just want to ask a few questions though...
How could I do better?  What kinds of topics do you like to read about?  Where can I get more inspiration?

Help me....
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I was reading in the Psalms this morning.  Trying to "dig deeper", to search out why it is that I've been feeling so "blah" here of late.  I was telling Scott I feel so "hollow" or empty (not just in blogging, but in everything).  I can't really put a finger on it... and, of course, in reading the Psalms... there is so much indentification going on for me - there.  I can ALWAYS relate with the words of the Psalmist.  And this morning was no different. 

I got "stuck" reading Psalm 139.  That whole chapter just really gave me a reality check.  A shift to my gaze... to say the least.

As I meditated there for a time, my eyes fell onto a verse in Psalm 138:8 which reads; (and I like the KJV, here) "The Lord will perfect all that concerneth me... (continuing on, with the NIV) it says... your love, O Lord, endures forever, do not abandon the works of your hands."

So, whatever it is that I am feeling - down deep.  He will perfect ALL THAT concerns me... He is certainly doing something.  I just am amazed that even when I don't know (or can't put a finger on it) all that is of concern to me.... He is already working to perfect that and to complete it... whatever that is... for my good.

In in a very real way - my life is like a blank page... The Author (God)... is writing out my life story.  He is SO FAITHFUL...to remind me, he will...

Help me.

4 comments:

  1. My advice:
    Seek the Lord and write what he puts on your heart. Don't worry about what people want to hear or read. Allow the Lord to use you as a tool to bless. That way if people don't like it for whatever reason you don't need to take offense because you are working for the Lord and not for men. I honestly don't care if anyone reads my blog (I personally would rather have less readers than more) but if someone happens to be encouraged by something I write, wonderful, but it not my main thought when I am writing. I hope that I will always put the Lord before me and write for that "audience of one".
    I love your little scripture meditations. They always bless me so keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, do you ever read the Simple Woman's blog? I think her recent posts may really encourage you.
    http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Christy. I have read her blog before, but not lately. I will have to check it out again- in depth. I just did take a quick glance, and can tell - you're right... her recent posts sound like they are "right there". I appreciate all your encouragement... and please know that YOU definitly are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see those beautiful faces of Caleb and Aubrey, I am inspired by the way you and Scott are raising them.
    So please keep writting, keep questioning, keep doing what you are doing now!
    I am so happy that I found your Blog. You do inspire by just being YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...