Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

the hope that we will...

I am not sure where I found this quote, I thought it might be from Chuck Colson's book, "To laugh again", but I'm not 100% postive.  Anyway, I have it written in the margin of my Bible.  It reads like this.

"Sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry -
 but there is always the hope that we will laugh again."


I share that because this is the journey that I am currently finding myself on... I am just slowly plodding onward, taking my time.  I am not depressed, just pensive... and that's okay.  I think.
I love these verses in Psalm 126 - they just seemed to really encourge my heart this morning. 

"Our mouths are filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.  Then it was said among the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them.' 

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Restore our fortunes, O Lord, like streams in the Negev.

(The Negev was a desert like area in the far south side of Palastine.  At times there are seasons of rain that would leave standing pools of water and rivers of flowing water - a metaphor of God's blessings.)

Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.  He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy carrying sheaves with him."

Think about this, with me.  Carrying seed... Carrying sheaves.  Anyone familiar with harvest time knows that there is a season - A course of time- that is involved here.  And it means a TIME of waiting, reflecting, and even pensitivity...(is that even a word?)  What rich blessing- awaits!!

With  - the hope, that we will...

3 comments:

  1. Great thoughts! Glad to hear that God blessed your Halloween endeavor as well! Looks like the Etsy shop is really taking off! yay! Hope you are well - we are moved and mostly unpacked. Glad to be back to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”

    God is good!
    Blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...