Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Tis the season...

How was your weekend, everyone?  Ours was busy... not too many of them, that aren't, anymore.  As I mentioned on Friday, we went to another family gathering on Saturday.  It was wonderful (small group, this time) to be together, eat more turkey and just "visit". 

I did not know I was going to make a fourth sale (just this week alone) right in front of my eyes.  At the gathering, I had my "bags" along to show...because over time, my extended family is slowly finding out about my Bags by Bevy etsy business, and I thought it would be great to have them there for a little "hands on" demonstration.  "Seaside Savvy" went bye-bye - now lovingly owned by one of my Dad's cousins.  I am so excited... because she LOVES it!! and that is all that matters, right?
**Look for a couple more bags being added to my shop - hopfully sometime this week!


So, I'm thinking about my man today (tis hunting season, you know). Around here, it is called "Buck Monday"... not necessarily "cyber Monday".  And not, as in you spending your " few measly bucks"... but as in it's the 1st day of buck hunting - with rifle.  So, he is literally up in a tree stand, as I type.  I hope he safely gets at least one (antlered) deer.  He is hoping for three... but that's because he has two doe tags as well.  He has quite the story from last year's hunting trip and I am sure he'll share that with you all one day perhaps during one of Scott's Second Sayings postings - that is if you would like him too.  Kinda funny!!


I am just praying for his safety.  Here is last year's deer.  I was so proud of him. He wanted so badly for me to "go along" this year... and well... I obviously didn't make it.  Although there is some true heart revelation going on here, in me.  I will have to mull over this one a bit more.  Thinking... I am "learning a very hard lesson" here.  More on this later (another time).

This next picture is of Caleb (last year) - wanting to be "just like dad".  I thought it was pretty cute of him...



And, so last night, with Scott not being at home (overnight), I was a busy little elf (Yes!,tis the season).
 I think, around here...

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!

Stay tuned for more pictures, of around the house - of holiday decor and ideas. It was very interesting to "start anew" with decorating.  I haven't decorated this house for Christmas yet. So, it felt like it took me a little longer to "decide" where to put it all... and keep it semi- kid friendly.  I kept telling myself... prepare to see this snowman "flung" elsewhere, or whatever, knowing little hands and eyes will be curious and just can't  help themselves to touch.

My "homemade" gift making list is long this year.  Our family only draws names for Christmas on Thanksgiving Day! So, there is not a lot of time - to get stuff together - but it always works out in the end.  Pressure.  I always work better under pressure.... nuff said.

I must get back to homemaking...I've got Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies (and breakfast) waiting in the wings to prepare... Tis the Season, you know.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bevy,
    My man is also out "protecting us from the dreaded white-tailed deer" as I always put it! Hopefully both of our men will get meat for the freezers again this year. Please tell Scott to post his story from last year's trip. We haven't heard from him in awhile. Have fun decorating. I'm working on some spice potpourri. Not sure when I'll decorate. Congratulations on selling another bag! Let us know when you add the new ones to your store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guys have been busy hunting too! We went through 5 deer last year, so I am hoping for another 5 to fill the freezer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...