Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

~Spiced Pumpkin Bread~

Here is the recipe, you've all been waiting for.  Thanks for reminding me, Christy - as I did want to do this, and forgot.  I think you will agree, there is no other recipe - as good and as moist - as this one.



~Spiced Pumpkin Bread~

2 cups pumpkin puree
3 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 cup oil
4 eggs
3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour (sometimes, I mix in some whole wheat flour, too)
2 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
3/4 t. ground cloves
1/2 t. nutmeg

Combine pumpkin, sugar, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl; beat until well mixed.  Set aside.  Stir together
remaining ingredients in another bowl; slowly add to pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.  Grease and flour (my secret trick is to use granulated sugar instead of flour) two 9"x5" loaf pans, or six 5-1/2"x3" mini loaf pans.  Bake at 350* for 60-65 minutes or regular loaves or 50-55 minutes for mini loaves, until a toothpick inserted in center tests clean.  Let cool in pans for 10-15 minutes, invert bread onto wire rack to finish cooling.  Makes 2 loaves or 6 mini loaves.


: : This recipe comes from my favorite cookbook; Coming Home with Gooseberry Patch!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks! We actually made some pumpkin bread right before you posted this because I was inspired. It was from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook and was very similar to your recipe anyway. Your has ground cloves in it though. Yum! That would make a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say all of this with a smile, Christy. But I was telling Scott, this evening, that I thought I would be posting something "everyone already knows or does" and (especially)you being one of them. I said to Scott, "And, Christy the quintessential of all homemaking and health consciousness, says she has never put pumpkin away...like this". I feel so ____, what's the word?

    I am glad you were inspired to make pumpkin bread. It is just so yummy!! Now, I feel like I need to make some tomorrow and just throw one into the freezer - for you never know when someone may pop in for coffee and fellowship, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMO! I can't wait to try it! How is it going, Bevy? Are you getting lots of bag orders from etsy? Hope you and the fam are doing well. PS - have you ever read Pioneer Woman's blog. I found it recently and fell in love! She is actually coming to the Chester County Book Company in West Chester (where I am) on Dec 13, so I'm excited to go to her signing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sounds SO good! Pumpkin bread is one of my favorites, especially with lots of spices like this one. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I just read the comment about The Pioneer Woman. I was thinking of trying to go to her book signing. A friend of mine just saw her out in St. Paul and waited for FIVE HOURS to get her book signed! I'm still thinking about it, though... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...