Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

All Aboard!

You remember this verse of play...


"Engine, engine number Nine ... going down Chicago line.  If the train should jump the track, do you want your money back? 
Yes, no, or maybe so!"

#################################



I think of this all the time while Caleb is playing with his trains.  Or, I think of as many (Bible/Childrens) songs to do with trains, that I can... and we know quite a few.  He loves it when I sing them.



Well, what you see here is a recent blessing to us.  Caleb recieved a train set for Christmas from Uncle John and Aunt Rachel.  He was in LOVE!  from the start.  This one had "train tracks", unlike his Fisher Price train set (that he still plays with).  Now, we'll regularly get phone calls from my brother, Caleb's uncle Justin (22) - asking to come over and "watch the kids" for me - but I know it's so he can play with the train set too. ;)


I think I mentioned this the other week, but our neighbor is moving out of his house.  He had stuff out in the front lawn everywhere... and he told us anything you see... "go ahead and take it".  (long story)
So, I was over there one night, after the kids were in bed - shopping put on our/his front lawn in the dark...and I about stumbled over this huge bag, of what appeared to be toys.  Only to discover it was a LARGER set to the set that we already had.  Ooohhh, was Caleb ever excited or what?  We all were.  This was AMAZING!!



Can we say; "TRAIN TRACK EXPLOSION"?
 
Now the kid's bedroom looks like either of two things has happened: that the room has shrunk (when the whole thing is set up) or like Cyclone Caleb has come through the room (when it's all taken apart) or maybe it's Aubrey.  She's pretty good at destroying a perfectly good set up.

###############################

These are some of Caleb's other favorite trains to play with...

"ALL ABOARD" 
 Meet Percy, from Thomas and Friends...



 .
The Thomas Videos would "roll on" almost all day - if it were up to Caleb.  And, of course, one of the stories talks of Percy wearing a scarf.  So, to add some "reality" to the story, one day, I gave Percy a scarf.

####################################

And, there is the Fisher Price set - that I had mentioned earlier.
This one actually sounds "clickity-clackity", like its going down the railroad tracks...and it "to-OOTS" just like a real train!





An "oldie but a goodie"... we actually do have more cars to this set... everything but
 the people & animals that were to be with it, I believe.  Another thrift store find!!!

#########################
(So, do you like my "train track" implication, here?  I'm even impressed myself...)


Hey, I want to know: What is it with little boys and their heads on the floor
 while playing with their toys? 



Some days Caleb's head and upper arm are red from lying on the floor like this.  Is it just so to "get down and personal" with his wheels??  He's really intense. 

And then there is the CREATIVE ATTEMPT to carry all of these train cars at once.  He figured out he couldn't do it (so easily) and so I caught him (with the camera - which is really hard to do) using his mouth as a third hand. 

Oh, my growing boy...  he's ALL ABOARD for life!  Whatever, it is .... he's got his ticket.



3 comments:

  1. Both of our nephews do that "head on the floor thing", too. Not sure what's up with that!

    That's awesome about the trains. The good thing about trains and cars and toys like that, is that they will grow with him and he'll get a lot of use out of them.

    Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I like about the toys that Caleb plays with? They are "hand" powered and use the creative side of his mind! Good job!
    I never gave my kids coloring books, just blank paper. Never regreted it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...