Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Button. Button. Who's got a button?

I've been learning something about myself and my love of buttons... or NOT. 

I found this quote yesterday that pretty much says it exactly like it is, with me.

"Where the heart is willing it will find a thousand ways, but where it is unwilling it will find a thousand excuses." ~ Anonymous
To really put it into perspective...

If a button is to be put onto a garment - replaced for necessity reasons.  Forget it!  The clothing will sit there on a pile, for SOMEDAY! Right?  Like for that proverbial rainy day? which ironically it happens to be raining...today.

But, if I have buttons that need to go onto a bag - let's say, for Bags by Bevy?  I'm all over that.  And they
get placed in a heartbeat... and three or more for each bag... with lottsa
love!!

Interesting (discovered) fact, about me-self, I say. 
*****************

I was going through my sewing room a bit yesterday and found a dress shirt of Scott's and several dresses of Aubrey's that need buttons sewn back on.  Of course, by now the dresses do not fit Aubrey.  So, that said, maybe I'm off the hook. But still, I've also got the largest button collection of anyone I know.... and it's taken, how long?  ((sigh))

Honest confession is good for the soul, my old school teacher used to say.  And well, now you all know... one of my home-keeping challenges of domesticity. ((sigh))

Perhaps the next BEST thing would be to sit and organize the button bin - because all you can really see are little plastic bags (with not a lot of ryhme or reason - well some are organized, but not all of them).  And. Then.  Perhaps on to organzing the WHOLE sewing room.  But here again, this quote comes to life...

"Where the heart is willing it will find a thousand ways, but where it is unwilling it will find a thousand excuses." ~ Anonymous

((sigh!))  Yet, I have to ask.  Does anyone relate?  Are you like me in this, at all?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bevy,
    I'm with you exactly!! I like to say "A lousy excuse is better than none!" Maybe we can motivate each other to get things done? Nah, I'm too lazy for that! Ha! Ha! I bet Caleb would like to help you organize the buttons into order by color. It might be a fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should put your buttons in some old jars...by color. it looks so pretty and it really is convenient!
    i LOVE your new header bevy.

    have a wonderful day~~
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the BEST way to take care of the mending pile. To let the kids outgrow all the items! Has worked for me for years! But, if I buy a cute shirt from the thrift store I love, I'll fix it right away. To motivate my mending, I put it in the living room in the bottom of a cute basket, with a floral bouquet over the top. Nobody knew it was my mending, except me. It was a great way to keep it in the forefront of my mind. I would keep needles and thread for the projects in there, too. Despite your confessed fault of not doing your mending, :) I do love your style of sewing and decorating. You have such an artistic eye for putting things together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Chasity! Put all those lovely treasures into old jars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fitting quote for me as well. It's snowing here and the power keeps going on and off, giving me the perfect excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My buttons go in one big jar. It does me no good to organize, since my little dumps them and plays with them all the time. I do love the look of buttons organized by color--maybe someday???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...