Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday's Finds: {no. 6/10}

What does this picture make you think of? 
 I quickly jotted down a few things that readily came to mind.  Can you think of a few more?


"Counting the days, till..."

"all in a days work"

"I got all wrapped up in my day"

"Today is Tomorrow's Yesterday"

"This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"

"Give us this day - our daily bread"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My favorite thought is this...

"Do not boast about tomorrow; for you do not know what a day may bring forth" ~ Proverbs 27:1

This verse helps me to keep my thoughts about my day (or weeks ahead) in perspective.  I share all of this with you today as my Friday's Finds.  When I look at these towels rolled up - as part of my kitchen decor, I can either just see them as they are or I can see them as SIMPLE day-to-day reminders of God's specifc grace given for each and every day.  I will often have to tell myself,  " One day at a time, Bevy.  One day at a time."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I found the towels at Ross (most likely) and I love that they have a vintage feel to them, even though they are reproduction.  The tins that are housing the towels are quite old... from my mother's collection, handed down to me,  from somewhere within her family.  They're hard to see, but the tin, standing in the back is an old fudge tin...the other, I believe, is just an old tea loaf tin, though I'm not sure.  It might've been a pan used at one time for forming homemade scrapple or mush.  ;)  I'll have to ask her again - to see if she remembers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Have a wonderful weekend - everyone.  Enjoy each new day as a gift from God!

I say that with tongue in cheekThis day is a gift from God even though that "BUG"/virus still hasn't quite figured out how to crawl on outta here.  Please pray for us... today, it's my turn.  Clarification:  Scott is doing much better, though it took a couple of days. (thanks for asking!!)  Now it's my turn.  I just can't afford to be sick - you know?  Everybody counts on mom!!!!!!!!!!!!  

4 comments:

  1. Those towels are wonderful! I've always wanted to make myself a set. Maybe someday.:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your hubby still sick?
    Hope your family gets well soon and the weekend finds you all well.
    And thank you for the reminder that God has everyday for us. Love the towels, good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Friday night~~I hope you're feeling much better and will be able to enjoy the weekend! Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...