Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Here's to Caleb for keeping life in perspective!

My two and a half year old - Caleb- has been really improving in his speech and thought process.  You may remember that we've had to go to Speech Therapy for a couple of weeks (last year) to get a "jump" on his speech... but he's been coming around VERY WELL, and he no longer needs to go to these sessions anymore.  Yeah!!

Anyway.

He will still get his word association mixed up at times.  But mommies are always good at interruptation interpretation, aren't they?  I almost said interruption because I feel like I have to correct him... but how can I when he says this?

Caleb:  "I wanna go home..."
Me:  "but ,we are home, buddy".  (See?  I do interrupt and I try -again- to explain the differance of going somewhere verses being at home).
Interpretation: I want to go away, or go outside, or go somewhere other then here.  I think he gets it from hearing other people say 'they're going to go home' when they leave our house.

Caleb: (continues to say) "to see Jesus!"
Interpretation:  I think this comes from whenever we talk about going away to Church on Sunday Mornings that we're going to go to sing praises to Jesus, pray to Jesus, etc.


I wanna go home, to see Jesus
This should be our life statement.  Our life goal.  I know far too often I find many an interruption in my life... with life itself.  Life gets in the way.  I (myself) get in the way... if you know what I mean? 

I'm just glad that when Caleb says it fifty-thousand times in one day... I can at least STOP! (without interruption) to think about it for a moment and say;  "I wanna go HOME, too!"  I love how he keeps life in perspective for me on a daily basis.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are keeping a record, (maybe this blog),on the cute sayings that your children come up with.
    I find that "out of the mouth of babes" come some really great sayings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...