Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday's Find: {no. 8/10}

Today finds me "wondering" about my daughter, here.  Looks like a train wreck ready to happen...


Train-ing wheels?


Way on the heels of the Winter Olypmics...
maybe she thought "speed skating" was going to be her new gig.  I don't know.  I just thought it was really, really cute.

###########
Jumping off track to a totally different subject.

Today I'll be doing some speed skating, around here, myself.  To the tune of having a desire of mine (for some time now) finally come to a reality.  The desire being to branch out in various forms of hospitality.  Here is one way.  I will be getting ready to have several ladies (as many as 10, if they all come) in our home for a breakfast/get together, tomorrow morning.  I just would like to get as much preperation done today, as I can, so I can "enjoy myself" right along with them. 

That, right there, is a big deal for me...an area where I can easily struggle with.  Relaxing & enjoying.

I really enjoy this blog and I love how {she} encourages us, in the realm of hospitality, to keep it simple.    I'm really excited about this opportunity to share my home and a meal with others.  Just because. 
I'll let you know how my Saturday morning goes.  Deep breath... Bevy, deep breath. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. You can do it, Bevy!! This is your forte!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is hilarious and creative! I giggled when I saw this.

    Happy to hear about the hospitality. My MIL taught me a lot about doing the work ahead of time so I can enjoy the company. She even had the meal items put together in foil pans, so she just popped them in the oven and then threw dishes away! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you by blog hopping and have enjoyed reading your posts. I too, LOVE to entertain and feel most comfortable when I'm serving others. As an Army wife, I've had wonderful opportunities to open my home and touch other lives. Your friend is right, prepare a day ahead of time and enjoy yourself! Others won't judge you as harshly as you judge yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU CAN DO IT!

    Love the pictures of Aubrey, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are too cute! :)

    Don't worry, Bevy. I'm sure everything will be great tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest assured, ladies... I've done this all a bazillion times before - being married. It's just that -now- I feel so "outta practice", plus I've got me two little ones to "help" get the job done. ((ahemmm))

    And it not that we don't entertain - we do! and love doing it. It's just that this is a desire to have something like this take place on a regular (if not monthly) basis. And, I think once I get myself down to a science... look out!!

    I debated about sharing this part - but I will. My "old friends" used to call me Little Miss Mennonite Martha Stewart.

    It'll be fine!!! Thank God for my MIL who felt she could come over for a couple of hours this afternoon...just cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh, and I wanted to also add... that I honestly and really appreciate "you're vote of confidence". Now, Would you all like to join us in the AM??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time we do something new or different, it's not comfortable. The more you do it, the easier and comfortable it gets.
    So proud of you for jumping in and hosting this breakfast. A just because breakfast, that's cool.
    I'll be sending up prayers for you in the morning.
    Relax, you will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Aubrey's skates! She is *so* cute.

    I can't wait to hear how it went today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Fisher Price toys. I bet they were yours when you were young. It looks like they are loved and are still entertaining little ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...