Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lemon Cream Dessert

I've already placed my dibs for what I'm taking for our Easter Dinner, this coming Sunday. 

 I pulled this recipe out of my recipe box, the other day, and thought to myself - oh my!  This recipe is almost not readable anymore.  But, one thing is for sure, it is the most edible thing you have ever had ... if you're a LOVER of lemon. 



I went to Taste of Home's website to get the picture of it (though not a very good one) and the recipe link for you to get a better look for yourself..

** My sister and I have this thing going on - depends on who makes it...as to if it gets chopped nuts in the crust (the recipe calls for walnuts. My sister won't use any!).  I am the one who goes nuts, with the nuts!!! and I like to use chopped pecans.  I think it makes a HUGE differance as to how it turns out. 

So yummy.

~Photo: Courtesy of Taste of Home~

**Of course, I should tell you that- besides the addition of pecans - I've changed up some of the filling ingrediants.  I use two -8 oz. softened cream cheese and 2 cups of powdered sugar.

5 comments:

  1. I have the same recipe cards - I think I might have to write this recipe on one of them...... :) ! LOVE lemon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. That looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get Taste of Home and always loved the recipes. I am looking forward to trying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this look soooo goood!

    The recipe card is funny. You have to save it. A well love recipe card makes for a great treat. I want to give my loved cards to my grand daughter as a wedding present, someday.

    (I agree with your sister)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! Enjoy! Have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...