Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let yourself have a good cry.

I'm not sure as to why I feel so compelled to write this message today.  But I do.  I suppose it may be the many friends and families (myself included) who are feeling the weight of so much physical, emotional, and even relational stress right now.  May this only be an encouragement to those who read.  For all I know, it might not even make sense to anyone, but to myself.  Which is totally fine... I needed this reminder, today.

***************

I don't drink.  Maybe a glass of wine on very, very rare occasion.  So, rare I cannot even remember the last time. (but that's neither here nor there).

We all know tears.

We've all cried our boatloads, our buckets...our eyes out.

We've all had those moments of abounding pain, shearing loss, devastation, upheaval of life, looming (large) questions, temptations to lose sight, our faith shakes, we're consumed with...

Worry.

Fear.

Anxiety.  You name it...

Jesus is standing near.  His arms are outstretched and his hands are cupped as though to catch your falling tears.  He is quietly drawing you near with his presence, asking you... pleading with you - to cry.  Cry those tears into his hands.  Tears are a language that God understands.     Don't let them fall, wasted on the ground.

Friend.  Remember how he turned the water into wine - at the wedding feast in Cana?


Likewise for you.  He wants to take those tears in his hands and perform a miracle by turning your tears, your water into wine!  There is Joy to come!! 

Drink deeply of this new wine.  Overflowing Joy. (not overflowing tears)

Refreshing and Satisfying.

No fears, worries or concerns.

It's ALL in his hands. By turning your story into his Story!!  You're mess into his Message!!


:  : Will you let him do that, for you?  Go ahead.  Let yourself have a good cry.  It's okay.  He's waiting and ready to restore...YOU!

Also.  A good passage of Scripture to read - actually two - is Zephaniah 3:18 and surrounding verses.  And then flip back to Psalm 126.  These verses have been especially meaningful to me as I've reflected on what I've just shared with you all.  Again, may just one person be encouraged today.

-The song lyrics (Tears are a launguage) that I linked to, were especially meaningful to me after my Dad passed away, so unexpectedly.  My sisters and I grew up singing this song, together - along with our Mother - for various church functions and family events. 

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you, dear, dear Bevy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a family we have had a tragedy that just has no words. We lost our 16 year old son, Joshua, in Novmeber 2003. Missing him dearly doesn't even come close.
    During my time of recovery (which I believe won't end until Christ returns) I have been on and off with God.
    You mentioned Jesus turning the water into wine. It is funny that I read that because my son Justin and I were talking about Jesus first miracle yesterday.

    I'm a believer and a follower.

    Take care-
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! One of my favorite quotes from a book I just recently read is..."Sometimes prayers are wet". Great post today Bevy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the comparison of turning water, our tears, into wine, our joy. How insightful.

    It made me think of another verse that has captivated me through the past years of trials.

    Psalm 56:8
    You number my wanderings;Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?

    He captures our tears in a bottle - they are precious to Him. Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe tears are definitely a balm for our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you *so* much for writing this, Bev. I can't even tell you how much I needed to read this today. I've read it more than once but was crying too hard to even comment. I'd love to sit down with you someday and tell you what this meant to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Bev for the reminder that Jesus cares for me and holds me through my tears and pain. love ya~gladys

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...