Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Deep

Think about this verse.  "Deep calls to deep..." ~ Psalm 42: 7

It's rather interesting (to me) that this word (this theme, this thought) has been brought to my attention several times in a matter of hours -while at church, yesterday.  I think it's a God-thing... and I want to pay close attention.


If you read through the whole of Psalm 42 you'll find the ebb and flow of boundless depth.  First in a soul that feels downcast and in utter despair.  Then you read how and where the Lord's boundless supply of mercy and grace are present.  Deep calls to deep. Overwhelming...

The first couple of verses say, "As a deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, the living God...".

This is the desire of my heart; to be dwelling in his endless supply; his depth of grace.  Rather, then letting the depths of my soul slip further into this sinkhole of doubt and fear. 

I could easily let myself get buried in this "depressing unknown".  There is a lot to be faced this week.  This coming Wednesday is the day that I go for this test called a Colposcopy/Biopsy.  (I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, in this post, titled - "Just Clinging", that I recently had an abnormal PAP test - and this is the second one in a matter of a year or two).  The results are in HIS HANDS!  God knows the outcome. 

I can pray.  We can all pray for "good results" and utter and complete healing.  But, I also know that the depth of this unknown is nothing compared to the depths of his grace that will accompany me along the way - whatever the results. 

If you think of me this week... you can be praying for a continued peace to abound.  I so appreciate those of you who have recently emailed me to ask "what's going on?" and to let me know of their thoughts and prayers.  Thank you!

Also, this week is going to be a toughie in that Scott has a scheduled exam on Saturday.  A computer credential that he is currently working on ... building it up with a couple already under his belt - to one day - in the future, add it into a bundle of credentials to make up one HUGE one.  I don't know if I made that clear, or not.  It is honestly all Greek to me. :)

So.  There will be a lot of studying going on in this household, this week, and not a lot of "daddy-time"...although Scott does his absolute best to balance it all out.  And, I'm thoroughly grateful for that.
******

Other then this... we had a pretty good weekend.  Busy as usual.  My Friday - spent with two of my sister's and mother- was fun, interesting, and looonnnggg.  It was a jam-packed day....along with a few deep, "soul-searching", conversations.  (See?, there is that word again.)

No Bags by Bevy Sales in Boston, this past weekend!  But that's okay.  No worries here.  However, that means that my etsy shop is back up and running for another week or two, until {they} head to California, for another Home school Convention.

*********
Nothing like "getting deep" on you all, right out of the shute, eh?? sorry.

: : What about you?  How are presently realizing the depth of your soul (and it's tendencies), in light of the depth of his overwhelming grace, in your life?  What does your week look like for you?  How can I be praying for you?

5 comments:

  1. Bevy, I was wondering when your test would be done. I'm praying for you that all will go well and that you and your family will have the strength to face whatever lies ahead. He is with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, I have had 4 colonoscopies. My first was when I was 24. I will have to have them for the rest of my life. So, I know what you are going through. I am praying fervently for you my dear friend. I am sorry I missed your first post about this. I'm not sure how I did.

    You are on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope that your heart is filled with HIS peace this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be held deeply in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been and will continue to pray for you sweet Beverly. Prayin' peace upon you sweetie.

    God bless ya and have a marvelous Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...