Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday's Finds: {12/10} ~ Good Friday!

Hi! Welcome to today's Friday's Finds and to "Scott's Second Sayings" (my husband will usually post on the 2nd of every month - just for something fun and different).  Actually, Scott says "HOWDY"!  And he said that it was okay that I take over his usual post for today.  Ya'll will have to wait till next month - I suppose - to hear from him. ;)

Today beings that it's Friday...it makes it a good Friday.  Right?!?!?!?  But in all reality today is Good Friday. 

So what, is good - about Good Friday?  That we have an evening service at church, and we go??  Is that what makes it good?   I had to REALLY evaluate my thoughts on what really is Good Friday, and what does it mean for me.  I found this great link that helped to spell out the answer to this question of what is Good Friday.  {please, click here to read}


For me.  I am simply aware of my daily need for a Savior.  I am a sinner saved by grace.  And grace alone. As one song says,  "Mine was the sin that drove the bitter nails".
It was my sin that nailed him to the cross.  It was my voice that cried out among the mockers. 

Yet, he loved me.  He knew me.  He choose me from before the foundations of the earth...that I would be his child.  His daughter.  Alive - unto him.  He rescued me.  He Redeemed me as his own.  His Love (so amazing, so divine) demands my life, my soul, my all. 

May these words, these truths...rivet my heart today.  May they mean more to me today, then they did yesterday. 

Take a look - I like the meaning for the word...rivet.


riv·et (rvt) n.


A metal pin or bolt for passing through holes in two or more places or pieces to hold them together, the other end being hammered into a head after insertion.  
1. To fasten or secure with or as if with a rivet.
2. To hammer the headless end of so as to form a head and fasten something.
3. To fasten or secure firmly; fix.
4. To engross or hold (the attention, for example).


As, I was thinking how I could keep this post as simple as possible, today. ;)  A picture came to mind.  And, so I went digging through my old tool box (Yes! You read that right.  My - tool box!) and found these three rusty nails. 



This picture, right here, says it all.  This, is what makes today a
GOOD FRIDAY!!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son.  That whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~ John 3:16



Have a Blessed Easter weekend!!


4 comments:

  1. I love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need a picture of your tool box!
    I have one but you wouldn't find nails like those!

    The nails/cross sure do make a great image for Good Friday.

    (tell Aubrey her suggestion for an April Fools joke worked!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thoughts about Good Friday. Great picture to help rivet our minds on Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nails!!!
    Happy Easter! Christ is risen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...