Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Homemade Cream Cheese Danish!

Yeah!!  I've recently been led into temptation and I had to take you there, too. ;)  Come on! You know - you want some.  Here is the recipe.  Homemade is ALWAYS ten times better then store bought.  Amen?

 Nice thing is, is that this recipe makes four danishes.  They work well to freeze (only, without the glaze).  Which is wonderful to know... and as hard as this may look to do, the recipe is really not complicated at all.  Very delish!


~ Cream Cheese Danish~

Dough:
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. salt
Cook together over medium heat.

2 pkg. yeast
1/2 cup warm water
Dissolve together and add to to sour cream mixture; then add
2 eggs, beaten

Then using dough hook (making it so much easier) gradually add
4 cups flour
(I used half whole wheat and white)
Dough will be soft.  Place in the refrigerator while making the filling.

Filling:
16 oz. softened cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

Combine until smooth.  These filling ingredients can be doubled for a thicker danish.

Turn dough out onto floured surface and divide it into 4 equal parts.  Roll each section out into 12x8 rectangle and spread filling to within one inch of sides.  Roll up - long side- jelly roll style.  Pinch ends and seams.  Place seam-side down on a greased cookie sheet.  (I used my P. Chef stone and had no need to grease it).  Cut 6 X's into the dough.  Cover and let rise until doubled.  Nearly one hour.
Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.  These can be frozen -but not if you glaze them.

Glaze:
10x sugar (less then one cup)
milk (Tablespoon or two)
Use amounts enough to make a runny paste consistency.  You can add some vanilla. But it's very sweet already.  This amount covered/drizzled two of the danish.

********
: : You know ~ the other two danish wrapped up in my freezer can hardly wait for guests coming to visit, from TN, in just a couple of weeks. ;) 

I can't either.

5 comments:

  1. Amen!! - be down in an hour..... :)

    Seriously though - one of my favorites - and looks wonderful. Will definitely be trying this one. Goes great with my diet.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, YUMMY!
    Wow, you must really love your friends!!

    Snoopy dance, snoopy dance!! :))

    LOVE,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that looks HEAVENLY! I've never tried to make bread before (in that, I've never made anything that involved yeast or rising or anything like that) - but this may be worth an attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm. That's one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched Larry Boy and the Bad Apple. It was all about temptation. So I have inside knowledge on how to resist trying to eat my computer screen right now...that and the knowledge that Id have to clean the screen and I'm just not up to it, you know.
    Thanks for stopping by, glad to see that you are still with me. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...