Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I miss my Dad...

Today is a repost from last April...{please read here}.

I know yesterday was April 13th... but I had already posted for yesterday and couldn't think how to tie it all together, so I thought I would just include it for today's post.

I miss my Dad.   April 13, 1996 - He's home in Heaven...homefree.

I'm sad in the fact that my husband has never met my dad - He will!  In Heaven, one day. ;) 
In fact. That said.  Scott's father (Gary) recently passed away, this past summer, too.  Maybe {they're} both in Heaven - shaking their heads in amazement...laughing about...that their children, met, married and blessed them with grandbabies...? Makes we wonder...

I regret that my kids don't know (really) what it's like to have a grandpa.  Even though Caleb met Scott's dad (Grandpa S.); only face-to-face as 5 month old.  I wonder what they would've called my dad?  Grandpa M, Grandpop, Pop-Pop....?  We talk about it sometimes (the kids and I ) that "our" grandpa's are now living with Jesus.  It's kinda surreal to see the expression on Caleb's face as he tries to comprehend what on earth am I talking about.  Of course, I can hardly ever talk about it without a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye...

****************

A dear friend called me yesterday, which she thought was "out of the blue" when really it was "ordained" by God that she call me.  You see, her and her husband were very near and dear to me the day/weekend that my dad  passed away.  So, I always associate my friends with my memories.

When she called yesterday, we got talking about something else and she starts to quote this verse from Jeremiah 29, verse 11 which reads.

"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
This verse in Scripture was a bedrock verse for my mom and our family as we walked out the path that God designed our family to "endure".  Even now, after 14 years, it still is hard...the tears come... the questions are asked... but God's grace is Amazing!  His faithful hand leading us along as been more then enough. 
Time does bring healing...it's true!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this today, Bevy! Lifting you up in prayer today!

    I will admit that I don't know how this feels as I haven't experienced a death of a parent yet, but our Heavenly Father knows exactly what you need and will send His Holy Spirit, the Comforter to minister to your heart.

    Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, thank you so much for sharing this. It absolutely touched my heart. I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, friend! HUGS !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...