Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, April 12, 2010

If there is one thing that I miss...

...about living at our old house...





It would have to be this...






...the largest forsythia bush I have ever seen.



The birds just had a "hay-day" in those beautiful branches. As well as the bumble bees, and other amazing creatures. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I liked it simply because it was so bright, and such a cheery yellow - coloring the hillside behind us and the aroma it left, with us, was so... Spring time!!

We don't have any forsythia bushes here, where we live now.  And everytime I take notice of a bush or two - out and about - I think of the house on Hendricks Rd.   But more importantly it makes me go down memory lane.  I think of the sweet, little old neighbor lady (and her husband) who lived further up the lane, above us.  If there is one (more) thing that I miss... it's that I miss her and her friendly face.  She was turning into somewhat of another grandma for the little ones... it was fun to be their neighbors.

**I think I need to give her a phone call.  Maybe she'll let me snip a few branches off of their forsythia bushes... it's time for another friendly, neighborly visit anyway.


3 comments:

  1. you should definitely plant one...it will provide you with years of sunshine and happy memories.

    have a great week bevy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any forsythia, but I love them too! My mom has a couple. I should really get a start from her.

    Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge and gorgeous plant!
    I bet your neighbor misses you too! I'm sure you were a big part of her life and a great neighbor.
    You are so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...