Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Random thoughts and results

If you missed me yesterday - I wasn't home.  I was out doing our monthly grocery shop, in Lancaster Co., ...getting ready for our friends from TN to come visit in about a week. ;)

While there, I got a phone call from my Dr.  She was calling with results of my Colposcopy/Biopsy from last week.  I didn't realize it was her calling...  I answered and it the conversation went something like this.

"Hello Beverly?  This is Dr. Dee calling with your results".  I inject..."oh Hi!  - how are you?" and she quickly retorts.  "Good.  And so are you".  ((sigh - thank you Lord Jesus!))

They ruled out dysplesia.  It was so mild and I can't remember if I had mentioned this part before.  But while she was doing the "exam" - she mumbled something about {it}disappearing right before her eyes.  So, I asked her about {that} again.  Yes!  that was true... and because it was so mild and so unimpressive...the tissue sample for the biopsy was 'excellent'... then, she doesn't want to see me for another 6 months.

I am so grateful to God for his sustaining grace.  It was a long week of waiting and trusting.  I thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers and concerns.


***************

"Bags by Bevy" has left the scene.  All bags are headed west - to Harrisburg, PA- for a REALLY LARGE home school convention.  So, we'll see what this weekend brings.  ;)  I love the idea that you'll are sitting there, in your little ole homes, with your fingers crossed. 


In other words, thank you, all,  for you're encouraging support on my behalf.  I greatly appreciate it.

************

We have another busy day ahead.  Heading out to Lancaster Co. again this evening for a benefit concert/banquet supporting Gospel Echoes Prison Ministry.  This is their fortieth year of ministry.
And, this ministry is especially dear to my heart as I was a nanny for the Harvest Team (going on 16 years ago).  They have not met Scott nor the little ones and of course, by now, the 3 kids that I was in charge of, back then, are fully grown and singing/playing instruments as part of the group.


Oh, the memories...

*************


The other day, I was thrilled to receive this beautiful blogger award.  A wonderful gift -presented from Melanie.  Thank you, so much, Melanie!  I have never received such an award, and this truly made my day. ;)  I just haven't had a chance to "pass it on" and gee, I would have an awful hard time deciding "to whom". 
****************
I need to sign off of here anyway.  I've been typing one-handed for the last little while... while holding a sick little girl.  Allergies.  She's pleasant - but you can tell she's not herself.  She actually is trying to fall asleep on my shoulder. 

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, today.


8 comments:

  1. Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow! I'm so glad you got a good result from your test. Now you can relax! Congratulations on the award! That's great! Your posts are always a joy to read. I hope all your bags sell this weekend. I'll bet California Girl gets snapped up right away~~it's just perfect for the Summer.
    Again, I'm so glad that your test came out okay. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the good news from the dr. I've been thinking of and praying for you. Thanks for sharing the good news so we can all praise God with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! I'm so glad your test results were good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising the Lord for your good health news! What a relief and joy you must feel. However, having a "close call" still brings forth beautiful fruit - you will be more sympathetic and empathetic to those that suffer. The Lord has great purposes and plans for all these things. I am just thankful you clung to Him and glorified Him during all of this. Thanking the Lord for your health and your testimony today, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bevy...

    So glad to hear this news!Great is thy faithfulness of our God! What a sweet relief for you.

    On another note, if you ever take that Lancaster shopping trip on a Tuesday...perhaps I could join you. It sounds like a great way to save money and stock the pantry for a month at a time. I'm always looking for ways to save and make great meals, etc. Laura Suermann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ramblings are all good news, except the allergies. Glad you shared with us.
    I think it's wonderful that you "send" your bags off to be sold. How nice is that.
    Really good news about your test results. YEA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you will sleep better starting tonight. Great to hear your good news . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've fallen behind a bit in my blog reading, but I was up in the middle of the night and read your good news. I'm SO happy and relieved for you, Bev. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...