Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Smile! and start today.

Recently, I read this post, by Genny, and because I had already been thinking about this very thing, for some time now... I decided to go ahead and do a post about it, myself, today.

You all know, that one person... that one person, who has made a profound difference in your life.  And, you are forever changed.  Or different. Or, at best, improved.

You could say: 
  • What if that person had never given me a Bible?
  • Because of that person, I was introduced to so-and-so.
  • Because of you, I'm inspired to lose weight...and I have!
  • If it wasn't for you, I would have never heard of this thing called blogging; this method of cooking; this idea of budgeting/finances.
  • If you had not first smiled at me or initiated that particular conversation...
And, on & on...

I have had that one person.  A friend and co-worker - close to sixteen years ago.  Although we've pretty much lost contact...the winds of change have come and this person has gone on,  pretty much choosing a totally different direction in life.  But...


I still like to think of this person as a catalyst, if you will, in my life.  I often wonder, What if we had never met?  I highly doubt I would know, let alone be friends, with many of the people that I'm in relationship with, today.  Many of these folks, now are among the very dearest friends of mine ~ and now Scott's.  We may, or may not, even be attending the church that we do today, due to this person. 


I often wonder, Where would I be ~ today? Who would I be?  I realize that God is Sovereign in all aspects of our life.  Even in our "seasons of acquaintance" with various people. 

Yet, the bigger question is this...

Have I ever been a catalyst in any one person's life?  I may never know that answer.  But I do hope and pray that I will be faithful in being a blessing to other's.  Leaving an impact on them  & making a difference.


: : Do you ever think about this, for your life?  What kind of impression, change, influence, or mark are you leaving on other people?  I would love to hear your stories...

Smile! and start today.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can tell you that you are a blessing to me. I feel like right from the start there was a connection between you and I! I have enjoyed getting to know you better and your words have definitely made an impact in my life. Keep on shining! You have a heart of gold!

    Cute template, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about your question everyday when I'm talking and sharing with the students who come my way (work). I pray everyday on my way to work that they will be touched. They don't know it now but maybe someday they will realized it.
    You make me think and "ponder"...that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just who you are talking about, Bevy, and I'm grateful that person was in your life too, cause now you're my friend! Love ya! G

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...