Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

this is eye candy ~ yard & garden style


Even after all of this... there is redemption.



See the vines...





...and a wild morning glory peeping through?


The hydrangea bush was F-U-L-L of blooms this year, unlike last year.







I'm telling you this is eye candy ~ yard & garden style.  I couldn't help myself.  I had to pick some in hopes of drying them, to make them last longer.  Perhaps for a wreath or centerpiece arrangement.  Not sure. 

Hydrangeas happen to be among my favorite - if not my favorite- of flowers.  Aren't they gorgeous??
 Like I said, I had hopes to dry these, but they COMPLETELY wilted before I had the chance to get them in water... to slowly do their thing.  Shame on me.

At least, the bush is still in full bloom.  I'll have to try again.  I've heard to pick early morning or later in the evening.  Anybody know??  For sure???


AND.  ANYWAY.


Here is some more eye candy for you...




Proof that the yard gets played in ~ HARD!  And, if you pay close enough attention you'll feel something Like a Summer Breeze coming through your computer screen.


The wind is picking up... I feel it... but I think it stopped... in my Etsy Shop.  Come take a look.

**EDIT** This bag is RESERVED for Carmen M.
Do NOT BUY!

7 comments:

  1. Your hydrangeas are beautiful! They are one of my favorite flowers too.

    It's so sweet to see the kids out playing. They're so cute. There's nothing like bubbles for hours of entertainment!

    I like to hang my clothes outside too. They smell so fresh!

    Your new bag is so pretty. You're quite talented, Bevy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Hydrangeas, too! Awesome pictures!

    Have a great day!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!
    I LOVE hydrangeas too!
    Mine have turned to a lovely purple this year.
    I have been clipping them every week. I clip early in the morning and don't put them in a room that get's alot of sunlight. Funny thing. I clipped some 3 weeks ago..yes 3 weeks ago. Put them in my bathroom, which has no windows and the room is very cool. They are still pretty! They like dark, cool spots.
    LOVEd the clothesline, and yes, I can feel the summer breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the clothesline picture! You have such a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture of the clothes in the wind is awesome!!!!!
    Someday you'll look back at that picture and just sigh with a loving sigh. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amanda,
    I have dried them before...but I've never thought about it that I did something special. It must've been (unknowingly)perfect timing when I cut them from the bush. I'm glad I got the pictures of these blooms when I did. You would not believe how fast they wilted.

    Thanks for your response.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eye candy indeed! Love it all, especially the clothes line...just says 'summer' to me!

    Thanks for the visit...answered your ? on my blog. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...