Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Uhhh, what's in your mouth?










My darling Aubrey, is something else.

Get this.

I have found some of the most CRAZY stuff in her mouth, here of late.  I kid you not.

- mushroom soil (as in the photo's above)
- other clumps of dirt/soil
- stones of every which shape and size
- flowers (although they say pansies are edible, I don't know about all the rest)
- tiny metal screws (that she found in my sewing room - I don't even know what they're from)
- a marble (Which wasn't so bad EXCEPT that I saw it up at my sister's place one day and when we got home, 45 minutes later, and having had taken a nap the whole ride home... I found it!  In her mouth.)
- paper pieces and coffee grounds (out of the trash)
- BUTTONS! (of course, she is her mother's daughter - I actually swallowed one, one time.  Shh! don't tell Scott.)
- onion skins
- tree leaves
- floral/berry decorations that I have around the house (which is just a total temptation for her, I know)

You'd think I don't feed her well, or enough.  There are good things to eat... and she does!!!

She is often asking for "more?".

This verse came to mind, soon after taking these photos the other day.  And that is this:

"O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that trusteth in him." ~ Psalm 34:8 (KJV)


"Uhhh, what's in your mouth"?   Is a very good question, for myself, this day.  Am I tasting of the Lord's goodness, right now in my life?  How about on a regular basis (not just on Sunday's or on weekday get-together's with church friends), in quiet - humbleness of heart?

I struggle.

I struggle to keep it fresh and alive... tasty.

See, when you taste something - and it's good! - you can't stop with just one bite... you inevitably want more and more.

I want "more".


We can take this a step further... by noting what comes out of our mouths, too. 


I like how James brings this to our attention in James 2:9-12 (NIV).

"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness.  Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing.  My brothers, this should not be.  Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?  My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives or a grapevine bear figs?  Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."
I struggle.

I struggle to keep it fresh and alive... and taste-ful.

Uhhh, what's in your mouth?  good question...

1 comment:

  1. That Aubrey. She is such a cutie!
    I remember Katie going through that phase. We had to be so careful about what was lying around, or it would end up in her mouth!

    Our words are very powerful. Just like the verse you used, our words can either offer praise or they can curse. There are so many verses dealing with this subject, so it must be pretty important! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...